• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bad Yoox experience - would you buy from them again?

stryker2

Reaction score
Hello, all. I ordered a pair of shoes from Yoox on July 8, received them the 15th, and a week later they were reduced from $155 to $69. I emailed Yoox asking (politely) if there was anything they could do for me, and they flat out refused. Should I be angry? Would you buy anything from them again if this happened to you? I first heard about them on this forum, and so I'm curious what the forum community's judgment is on this one. Thanks.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They sent you what you ordered at the price you were happy to pay?

BASTARDS. Go postal.

amd123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stryker2
Hello, all. I ordered a pair of shoes from Yoox on July 8, received them the 15th, and a week later they were reduced from $155 to $69. I emailed Yoox asking (politely) if there was anything they could do for me, and they flat out refused. Should I be angry? Would you buy anything from them again if this happened to you? I first heard about them on this forum, and so I'm curious what the forum community's judgment is on this one. Thanks.

sorry man, that's just your bad luck. This is why it's best to wait a while and shop around. If you don't mind me asking, what shoes DID you get get?

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i think this is more of a small-timer complaint than a bona fide bad yoox experience.

+1

Labeling your complaint as a "bad experience" is ridiculous. Why should they refund your money when you were content to buy them at the higher price?

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i bought some pants and then a week later they had a coupon code... however i just bought more stuff...

stryker2

Reaction score
Perhaps I was unjust in labeling it a "bad" experience in the heading of my post, but in the rest of what I wrote I was withholding judgment until I heard some opinions from the Styleforum community. Now that I have, the consensus seems to be that them's the breaks. So I'll leave it at that - no returns, no hateful emails to Yoox or anyone else, I'll just enjoy what I ordered. Which, for the curious, is a pair of Cerbero suede brogues in grey. They're very nice. I'll wait for other models to go on sale.

EdenResident

Reaction score
If they still have the shoes in your size, buy them and return the old ones (you pay shipping, of course). If they don't then if you had waited, chances are you wouldn't have gotten your shoes either.

In any case, they did nothing wrong. It's just bad luck for you.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yoox is like a game of chicken.

you have to see how low your item will go, but not to long or the others might pull it first.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys are crazy. Most places will honor the lower price if it is only a short time later. To do otherwise is just bad customer service. Just threaten to return the item.

EdenResident

Reaction score
Originally Posted by origenesprit
You guys are crazy. Most places will honor the lower price if it is only a short time later. To do otherwise is just bad customer service. Just threaten to return the item.

Most brick and mortar retailers let you do this because you can just walk in, return the item and buy it right back so there's no point in not allowing it. Not the case with online retailers. If you return your item, there's a good chance you'll never be able to buy it back. A lot of online shops don't have price-adjustment policy. I think having one is great customer service but not having one is not necessarily bad.

southbound35

Reaction score

Yoox is not "most places". It's essentially an online clearance center. Once inventory drops to a certain level, they drop the price to clear what's remaining to make room for "new" merchandise.

Originally Posted by sho'nuff
all merchants have their set schedules for markdowns.

they have every right to refuse price adjustments.

Agreed.

Originally Posted by EdenResident
If they still have the shoes in your size, buy them and return the old ones (you pay shipping, of course). If they don't then if you had waited, chances are you wouldn't have gotten your shoes either.

Agreed.

KingOfTheForum

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with Yoox, but that's the luck of the draw. Those types of price changes happen; usually the end of a promotion is announced ahead of time though (even if what comes next isn't noted). Was that the case? Either way, when this type of thing happens, I usually take the product back to the store and receive the difference in the form of a refund. If the associates are REALLY difficult, I'll just return it for a full refund and then buy another one at the lower price. Unless you bought a used item OR you've used the item, I'd assume that would be a possibility in most online retailers as well. The fact that the refused you outright doesn't make sense to me, but I did admit that I'm not familiar with the business model of Yoox.

Whatever the case is, I wouldn't get too worked up over it. Sure, it's a bit of an inconvenience, but that's what happens when you go bargain hunting. There's almost always a better price. All that you can do is find a price that you're satisfied with and accept what happens from there. If it's really a big deal to you and you haven't worn the shoes, you can always return them.

KingOfTheForum

Reaction score

"Threatening" the customer service rep won't get the OP anywhere. Chances are, the rep isn't in any position to bend the rules anyway. Be considerate and have some class.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads