• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Been travelling to parts where there is internet censorship.. 6 flights, 2 boat trips, 3 countries, 10 days.. Fuk I'm tired..

Damn. You couldn't pay me enough to do this sort of thing. But it's clearly working for you, because you always seem to look cheerful in your photos. Nice photoessay.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-1/8541/97L-8.JPG

Nice. More restrained than your usual, but I guess that goes along with the 12hr mediation!

Couldn't wait for today to end! 8 working days left until I'm no longer working for "the man".
smile.gif

jul22003.jpg
jul22002.jpg

jul22001.jpg

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Good god I want that SC, Holdfast.

New working gig coming up?

+1 Awesome combo!!!!
worship.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Good god I want that SC, Holdfast.
Originally Posted by PandArts
+1 Awesome combo!!!!
worship.gif

Thanks guys. This jacket actually needed a small reweave last year after it got snagged on a door, but the repair job was fortunately pretty good (not perfect, since it's a rather complex weave/pattern, but good enough, esp. from a normal viewing distance).

New working gig coming up?
Yep. Resigning from my full-time job in exchange for a portfolio career doing a variety of different things. Some still in my current line of work, some in other fields that I've been doing in my spare time already and want to scale up a bit if possible. All self-employed rather than working for someone else. It feels the right time to make these changes, financially and personally, and I can't wait! Fingers crossed it all works out.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
These are lovely - who made 'em, C?

Thanks. They're actually a pair of about 5-ish years old Loake 1880s.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to find a suitable way to catch full length shots. I will work on it.
One word, Mike: Tripod. (I don't own one myself, but I've been getting decent results using an adjustable mic stand as a substitute.)

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Also, I bust ****** to stay fit, nothing wrong with showing it off a little in an appropriate environment.
Amen, brother. Preach it!

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tshaw
I always love Ob's shots - they show the best use of space for shoe storage under the bed!
laugh.gif
Dressy sheets - had to look a 2nd time.
devil.gif

T

I'm so glad everyone is finally focussing on the important things in my fit pics.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
100720SHGDay2-06.jpg

Great pic series - like this last fit.

Originally Posted by Neofinitia
...debrief with Agent O...
These too - was great seeing you in Amsterdam. Look forward to the next time.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Yep. Resigning from my full-time job in exchange for a portfolio career doing a variety of different things. Some still in my current line of work, some in other fields that I've been doing in my spare time already and want to scale up a bit if possible. All self-employed rather than working for someone else. It feels the right time to make these changes, financially and personally, and I can't wait! Fingers crossed it all works out.
Good look with your new career HF! You're doing what most of us secretly dream of...

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great to hear HF. Cant wait for the day i'll be typing the same words!!

Hope my boss is not on SF
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. This jacket actually needed a small reweave last year after it got snagged on a door, but the repair job was fortunately pretty good (not perfect, since it's a rather complex weave/pattern, but good enough, esp. from a normal viewing distance).

I had the same thing happen to my new Attolini navy pinstripe suit the very first time I wore it.
ffffuuuu.gif
I discovered a small tear in the left sleeve when I hung it up for the evening after drinks with a couple of SFers.

Fortunately, the reweavers here in Chicago did a great job - you can still notice a small square close up but, as with your repair job, it looks great from a normal viewing distance.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Good look with your new career HF! You're doing what most of us secretly dream of...
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Great to hear HF. Cant wait for the day i'll be typing the same words!

Thanks guys; the good wishes are appreciated! It's something I've been slowly working towards for a few years, and all the stars are now finally aligned enough to take the plunge.
laugh.gif

Hope my boss is not on SF
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You laugh now. Just wait until you get into work tomorrow...
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ld111134
I had the same thing happen to my new Attolini navy pinstripe suit the very first time I wore it.
ffffuuuu.gif
I discovered a small tear in the left sleeve when I hung it up for the evening after drinks with a couple of SFers.

Fortunately, the reweavers here in Chicago did a great job - you can still notice a small square close up but, as with your repair job, it looks great from a normal viewing distance.

My tear didn't happen until about the second or third wear... it's always the way, isn't it? Never happens with an old jacket...

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was locked away in a 12 hour mediation yesterday, so no chance to DL and post my glamour shots until today. LOL.

Yesterday was Polo suit, Zegna shirt, vintage Daks tie (with cool Daks logo woven into the tie) and vintage Wright Cordwainer shoes.

97L-8.JPG

I see your trick...wear bold Herringbone to the mediation to distract opposing counsel...nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads