• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
late in the game (maybe) for this year, but any chance of a natural/khaki denim coming out?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cl smooth
sorry to bother you with an annoying sizing question, but what size chinos/trousers should I order if I'm a 30 in APC, 32 in Ironheart, generally a 31-32 in everything?

No problem at all. I'm thinking that you'd be a 32 - most guys go up 2" from their APC New Standard size. We've got exact sizing on our site, and the chinos fit differently than jeans, so I'd recommend measuring a pair of khakis or chinos that fit you well now. Please feel free to PM me if you need any other details or measurements.

Originally Posted by jaac
Do them in grey/slate !

You bet your ass! They'll definitely be a grey pair this Fall.

Originally Posted by asdf
get the hoyts up there so you can take my money please.

taaaake ittttt.

Working on it now!
smile.gif

We're doing a full count of the jeans, and we should have them updated online tomorrow. We have to build a new field on our website so that you can choose two variants (waist size and inseam length). We're busting it out as I speak.

Originally Posted by laughter95
Thanks for being my favorite store in North America.

Thank you! You're our favorite dude in North America!

Originally Posted by bdeuce22
late in the game (maybe) for this year, but any chance of a natural/khaki denim coming out?

Not from our collection, but I saw a nice piece like that from Naked & Famous at Capsule for Spring '11.

Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
Mike, thanks a lot for the info and the recommendation!
I'm currently abroad where I can buy quality buttons at reasonable prices, but I can't get my hands on the suspenders I'll be buying. That's why I'd like to find out the appropriate suspender button size.
Will buttons with the 15mm diameter OKay for most of suspenders on the market?

Hmm, honestly I'm not sure. You could try e-mailing Trafalgar for that info, but I can't guarantee that there's a standard sizing across brace manufacturers. They can tell you what they use, which I assume would be pretty standard. Buttons are usually measured in "line" size, as in 14-line, 18-line, etc.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And my apologies that I've been MIA for the past week. I promise that we'll make it up to you with a slew of INCREDIBLE product releases. I've got a ton of new stuff to show you. The Lightweight cords arrived today, and are basically an orgasm in trouser form. Strong words, I know, but you haven't seen these colors. They stunned us into silence.

Also, we just got the Tropical Wool special order pieces (Pearl Grey, Black, Brown-Olive). They're scheduled to ship out tomorrow morning. Thanks for your preorders and your patience! I've got about 6 extra units. I'll post the sizes and snapshots later today in case anyone wants to pick up a pair via PM.

Thanks!
Mike Kuhle

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Today we had the pleasure of a visit from Kiya and his wife Demitra - the founders of Self Edge. Kiya came with a pair of phenomenal Japanese saddle shoes, and we put together an Epaulet outfit to match. May we present Kiya in a rare non-denim outfit: an Epaulet short sleeve red-stripe seersucker shirt and Indigo-dyed linen Walt trousers:

4815976367_d8a8f6e55c.jpg

View Larger

And speaking of Walt trousers, we just received our lightweight Italian cords in Royal Blue and Kelly Green. They'll go online in a day or two, and sell for $165. These colors are seriously crucial! My apologies for the stank Iphone preview pic:

4816203533_7125d9b343.jpg

View Larger

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are the Real Japan Blues shoes, correct? I remember eying those and being all
ffffuuuu.gif
when I saw the biggest available size. Of course, they also cost more than a month's worth of rent, so perhaps it's for the best.

And ******* ****, those green cords are so dandy. I should probably just disconnect my internet for a while so I'll actually be able to not worry about over-drafting because I bought a bottle of water. It's too hard to save when I see these types of things.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ haha.

Mike - nice drops there and thanks for answering my PM. On another trouser note, any plans for dropping a navy wool trouser in the Walt fit? I have my greys, tans, browns down, but could seriously use something dressy in the navy and wool variety.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Those are the Real Japan Blues shoes, correct? I remember eying those and being all
ffffuuuu.gif
when I saw the biggest available size. Of course, they also cost more than a month's worth of rent, so perhaps it's for the best.

And ******* ****, those green cords are so dandy. I should probably just disconnect my internet for a while so I'll actually be able to not worry about over-drafting because I bought a bottle of water. It's too hard to save when I see these types of things.

Yes, they are the RJB shoes. I absolutely love them. Glad you dig the Green, it's my favorite too.

Originally Posted by tonio028
^ haha.

Mike - nice drops there and thanks for answering my PM. On another trouser note, any plans for dropping a navy wool trouser in the Walt fit? I have my greys, tans, browns down, but could seriously use something dressy in the navy and wool variety.

Absolutely. We'll run both a Navy superfine 120's classic navy dress trouser and a navy wool flannel for the Fall. I've got a limited amount of navy Donnegal tweed which is absolutely psycho too. We're gonna be tweed'd out son!

sharks9022

Reaction score
So I was set on buying some New Standards until I ran across this tonight. Can anyone reliably compare the Hoyt to the New Standard in as many aspects as you can?

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've owned neither epaulet nor apc, but it would seem that the Smith is a more similar fit to APC NS than the Hoyt. just from the pics and general description.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sharks9022
So I was set on buying some New Standards until I ran across this tonight. Can anyone reliably compare the Hoyt to the New Standard in as many aspects as you can?

Go Smith. Not Hoyt.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sharks9022

Yup, those guys are correct - our Smith fit is closer to the New Standard slim-straight shape. Compared to APC's:

1. You can buy these true to size. Stretching will be minimal, so no need to size down two. There will be 1.5" of shrinkage in the length though. We have both 34" and 36" inseams avaiable.

2. We're using a higher quality denim (Cone Mills White Oak). They'll fade really nicely.

3. Ours are made in the USA and IMO have better construction

If you have any questions or need advice on sizing, please drop me a PM anytime. If you like the look of these, I think that you'll really dig them in person.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Take it from me, I am kicking myself that I bought APC NS only a month or two before discovering Epaulet.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics