• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Guy from Shanghai
Thanks. N&L by C&J on 317 last.

Would you happen to have the model/style name? Hoping they're current stock...
smile.gif

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I have is: K 3 7791 hand written on one side, and 8580 317 on the other side.

I have a very similar, possibly identical, shoe that is by C&J for Gordon Rush. It also says 8580 317 inside. 317 is obviously the last, I assume 8580 might be the style? The other side says K 37113.

Inside these it has the style name as well, which is 'Marlow', but the name could vary if they're made for other companies. This doesn't seem to be a current C&J style.

mth

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the shoes which Cravate Noire was kind enough to photograph in process. No complaints on the fit and these are my second pair. Some of the finishing may be a bit "rustic" for some, but I think it gives the shoes a certain amount of character.

P7140959.JPG

P7140960.JPG

P7140969.JPG

P7140962.JPG

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I have is: K 3 7791 hand written on one side, and 8580 317 on the other side.

Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
I have a very similar, possibly identical, shoe that is by C&J for Gordon Rush. It also says 8580 317 inside. 317 is obviously the last, I assume 8580 might be the style? The other side says K 37113.

Inside these it has the style name as well, which is 'Marlow', but the name could vary if they're made for other companies. This doesn't seem to be a current C&J style.

Good intel guys, thanks! AGfS, yours appear brand spankin new; were they a purchased from N&L recently or did you get them from another source. i.e. the usual ebay UK resellers? (You can PM me if you prefer.)

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Good intel guys, thanks! AGfS, yours appear brand spankin new; were they a purchased from N&L recently or did you get them from another source. i.e. the usual ebay UK resellers? (You can PM me if you prefer.)

You are welcome. They are brand new. I picked them up on bay. These apprears to be made for the US market as they are in US size. The original sticker price is $400, so they must be from quite old stock.

Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum

Mine does not have a name. How old are yours?

mth

Reaction score
Thanks for the nice comments. The shoes I posted above are from Roberto Ugolini in Florence. If you look closely at Cravate Noire's original picture, you can see the shoe is fitted with a size 42 last, which is about right.

CMD.EXE

Reaction score
I think those are very unique shoes

the nail work is great all on its own -- kissing nails heh

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads