• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

borderline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by b-ill
Anyone ever have an issue where the stitching on this part of the shoe starts to come undone?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's pretty minor but just really annoying every time I look down and see it.

I had that issue. Twice. They replaced the shoes one time, then my cobbler fixed it when it happened again and they paid for the repair. Annoying, but fairly minor.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Alden x Context Roy Boots
2z4bpf6.jpg
2a98zl1.jpg

b-ill

Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
I had that issue. Twice. They replaced the shoes one time, then my cobbler fixed it when it happened again and they paid for the repair. Annoying, but fairly minor.

J.Crew was pretty easy going about returning them. I ended up doing that and then ordering their new cordovan captoe boot.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by b-ill
J.Crew was pretty easy going about returning them. I ended up doing that and then ordering their new cordovan captoe boot.

Where'd you see them? Couldn't find them on the site.

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhcam8
Where'd you see them? Couldn't find them on the site.

i think on the left hand side it says fall lookbook. click that or go to there search function and type alden.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
i think on the left hand side it says fall lookbook. click that or go to there search function and type alden.

Danke - I looked at the new items earlier, but didn't enter 'Alden', just looked under shoes and they didn't show up.

Probably not a Barrie last - maybe a Grant?

pistolero

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yamete
which one fits better with very slim jeans, alden indy or alden roy? im worrying abt indy to be too dressy and roy to be too chunky because of the round toe.

The Roy boot is now on Trubalance last so it will fit the same as Indy.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Danke - I looked at the new items earlier, but didn't enter 'Alden', just looked under shoes and they didn't show up.

The new cordovan boot is on the Barrie.

rick

Reaction score

i just did it go to jcrew type alden in the search box and they come up and yes they are on the barrie last.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yamete
would u mind telling me the leg opening of the jeans ur wearing in the pic? thx

9"

Originally Posted by einhander
Nice. How is the fit? How does the sizing run too, compared to a chuck taylor?

Thanks. Hard to compare... I've never worn Chucks. I would say they fit 1/2 size large and 1/2 size wide. I think I'm best in a 9E and I got these in a 8.5D and they fit perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics