• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does your style match your taste in music?

Jack Trick

Reaction score
Yes.

I listen to 80's rock, pop, glam rock, and musicals. I dress kind of gay.

sharks9022

Reaction score
You guys should check out Beirut. Awesome music and they dress pretty well also.

turboman808

Reaction score
Not at all. I find that very strange when people try and fit into a certain lifestlye. Seems that they are living their life to please others.

Lotto

Reaction score
My style is boring and most people would say my taste in music is boring so I guess. Not much of a lyrical person so I just go with instrumental music/drowned out vocals. Jazzy instrumental music like this really makes me happier.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by inq89
My style: trad, prep

My music: hip hop, rap

I must be Andre 3000

Or everyone in my high school.

I'm genuinely surprised how many people used to, or still listen to, punk.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84

Some of us still write and perform it, even!
biggrin.gif

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lotto
Jazzy instrumental music like this really makes me happier.

maybe I'm mistaken but I don't see how this is jazzy at all...

Pinhas

Reaction score
I listen to a wide array of musical styles; but mostly like house, chill out, some older and newer rock and recently dub step.

I don't dress accordingly to any music really, but sometimes I could look like a club head...in a club.

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84

I don't really listen to punk but I hang out with quite a few people who are right in that ****
34488_443407465119_658580119_6380034_5822314_n.jpg

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I listen to hardcore and wear Junya, hell no.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sometimes. i listen to a lot of **** but generally speaking, it probably doesn't since i gravitate towards 60s/70s soul and funk. i should technically dress like sly stone or something but it's more a cross between caddyshack and jcrew.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lotto
My style is boring and most people would say my taste in music is boring so I guess. Not much of a lyrical person so I just go with instrumental music/drowned out vocals. Jazzy instrumental music like this really makes me happier.
thx for letting me know there is at least one person out there other than myself who listens to natsumen one of my favourite songs of all time is whole lotta summer. They don't sound jazzy because youtube sucks and makes everything so low quality. They are a Japanese Progressive HardCore JAZZ Aggressive Improvisation ROCK band.

tunnelrat

Reaction score
I also listen to too wide a spectrum of bands and artists, so no.. However, it may be fun to dress differently each day, according to music I've listened.. Monday oldschool grunge (Kurt Cobain), Tuesday '69 Bob Dylan, next day Miles Davis, on Thursday the ever-stylish Serge Gainsbourg and top it on Friday night with Dead Kennedys.. I'm just not sure how to fit the ocassional Wangnerian opera into it..
musicboohoo[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads