• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About two hours ago for me - and they'll be rolled up all day.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I actually find the no gauntlet button easier/better to roll up sleeves. I take the cuff, unbutton it, pull it up about twice it's length (so that I have some shirt sleeve below where I pulled up the cuff) then roll up the shirt sleeve to cover up 90% of the pulled up cuff. A little cuff shows right below the elbow of so.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the pro shirts have that button. In fact I have never seen a shirt without that . Even 20 euros shirts got that!

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get my shirts without a gauntlet button. I never use it on my RTW so why make a shirt with one?

Sterling Gillette

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Still and all, I can't remember the last time I rolled up my sleeves.

Why worry about gauntlet buttons, then?

BTW, I happen to know that kid the other one wrote about and he (Does one mark a genus for kid-N, since, strictly speaking, it does not have a sexus below a certain age?) assured me that he only exists in the internet, just like the vast majority of internet users.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I actually find the no gauntlet button easier/better to roll up sleeves. I take the cuff, unbutton it, pull it up about twice it's length (so that I have some shirt sleeve below where I pulled up the cuff) then roll up the shirt sleeve to cover up 90% of the pulled up cuff. A little cuff shows right below the elbow of so.

Too much math for me
eh.gif

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajv
Just went to pick those up from my shirt-maker : Lorelli, Geneva. Cotton Fabric provided by Alumo. Adrian
Excellent! And, I really like the stitch on the top button. Nice touch.

ajv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette
Nice fabric, Adrian! Mind to share which range it comes from? I fear it might be from the Soyella line.
Sorry SG, I usually don't bother to know from which line the fabric is. The shirt maker knows it. I am more of a "I'd like to see the Alumo fabrics, ohhh, I like this one, would you plese make a shirt for me with it" type of guy.
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
Excellent! And, I really like the stitch on the top button. Nice touch.
Thank you. Adrian

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajv
Sorry SG, I usually don't bother to know from which line the fabric is. The shirt maker knows it. I am more of a "I'd like to see the Alumo fabrics, ohhh, I like this one, would you plese make a shirt for me with it" type of guy.

a wonderful attitude...

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gtaccaliti
My shirt folded,
ghingam check from springcheck collection.

simple to iron, simple to fold.

Gianmarco
http://www.neronote.com

Mine (Thomas Mason Zephyr) is coming in this week. What fabric is yours?

Edit: just saw on the site that it's a Thomas Mason Zephir too. Mine might be darker.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
Too much math for me
eh.gif

I think he means something like this http://stylesilove.blogspot.com/2009...t-sleeves.html
GQ_Sleeve+rolling.jpg

Sterling Gillette

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajv

But Alumo has the line name printed in bold letters above each sample chart. I guess I'm just too curious or too much of a cloth-geek to overlook this, then. Still, a very nice fabric!

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette
But Alumo has the line name printed in bold letters above each sample chart. I guess I'm just too curious or too much of a cloth-geek to overlook this, then. Still, a very nice fabric!

If I didnt kewn that you are studying the oddities of the tongue of Hans&Fritz, I would assume that you are an illiterate who tries to fool us that he can actually read
lol8[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads