• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

True Blood

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
This is certainly the conclusion we're supposed to draw. Particularly given the were/vamp partnership.
I figured as much. I wonder when we'll finally find out what the hell is going on with Sooks and her magic blue hands.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yeah, the occassionaly blue hands thing is getting tiring, particularly since the Vamps seem to know something about it. Also, Tara must die and so must the guy that has abducted her.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Franklin
Watch how fast I type 'motherfucker'. Let me delete it. Now watch me type it again.
I almost died laughing.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
show was pretty good last night. next week's looks like a blood bath.

tara was annoying as usual. she got about 10-15 minutes of unnecessary screen time. please kill her off. don't understand jason's story line at all.

I have a feeling that chick J is trying to bang will end up being a creature of some sort and perhaps tie into the sookie/jason genealogy thread some how.

Really liked the last episode, the weres killing Erik's dad and his being a viking king was a very, very good plot twist and a perfect example of why this show is more than **** and blood. Well written and unforced.

I really like the Franklin character, he makes a great bad guy.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
next episode we will probably find out the story of Eric being turned. Flashback from last year was that Godric turned him after a "battle". regardless i really enjoy the backstories of the vampires, especially eric's

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes that chick is some kind of wood nymph or fairy or something. I'm very curious to know what kind of power Sookie is harboring. I love the ancient vamp flashbacks, too.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
next episode we will probably find out the story of Eric being turned. Flashback from last year was that Godric turned him after a "battle". regardless i really enjoy the backstories of the vampires, especially eric's

The killing of Eric's father by the vamp king rather put me off. I figure it is too contrived that the same dood, 1k years ago, had run ins with two such powerful vamps and one decided to turn him.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Yes that chick is some kind of wood nymph or fairy or something. I'm very curious to know what kind of power Sookie is harboring. I love the ancient vamp flashbacks, too.
I think I remember reading that she was some sort of panther or tiger or some ****. In the books that is. No idea what she'll be on the show.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
The killing of Eric's father by the vamp king rather put me off. I figure it is too contrived that the same dood, 1k years ago, had run ins with two such powerful vamps and one decided to turn him.

He wasn't a random dude though, he was a king.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I m waiting fro the new chick to morph. Still love me some jessica.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the books Sookie is suppose to be a descendant of fairies/is a fairy herself or something like that.
In the Southern Vampire Mysteries Universe, fairies "...are your basic supernatural being. From us come elves and brownies and angels and demons. Water sprites, green men, all the natural spirits... all some form of fairy." -Claudine Fairies are portrayed in the series as beautiful, with pointed ears, and glossy, thin skin.[22] Physically, fairies are superhumanly strong and durable. They are tough, ferocious, and incredibly long-lived, but not immortal.[24] The Shreveport werewolf packmaster says, "They love to flirt with disaster, they love to role-play."[22] In this universe, fairies are extremely attractive to humans as well as vampires. Vampires have a hard time resisting fairies because of their smell and taste; fairy blood is intoxicating to vampires. A fairy, Claudine, is first introduced in Dead to the World.[22] Watching vampires react to her, Sookie thinks that “it was like watching cats that'd suddenly spotted something skittering along the baseboards.”[22] This makes face to face interactions between them all but impossible. However some individuals, such as Sookie's great-grandfather Niall Brigant, are able to "suppress their essence", effectively masking their scent and making such contact safer.[24] In the Southern Vampire Series, fairies can be killed with either lemons, limes or iron. When a fairy dies a corpse is not left, just a sparkling powder (or fairy dust); the body just fades away and the spirit of the fairy goes to the next oldest family member to tell them of their death, the fae call their afterlife "The summerlands".[25] Fairies are secretive about their own race, customs, interactions, and world. They normally inhabit the fae world, named Faery, but there are portals and doorways between it and the human world. Sookie's great-grandfather Niall is a fairy prince, and Claudine and Claude are Niall’s grandchildren. In later books, Claudine admits that she is Sookie's fairy godmother. She was assigned this role in an effort to move on to the next level, which is angelhood. Sookie's great-grandfather is over a thousand years old and her half-human great-uncle is centuries old. Those who have fairy blood in them but are not full-blooded fairies are immune to the effects of iron, lemons and limes, while maintaining the attractive qualities of fairies. Niall stated that Sookie and Jason both inherited the beauty of the fairies but only certain creatures can tell they are part-fairy. As a genetic quirk (possibly due to fairy blood), Jason greatly resembles his great-uncle to the point where others are unable to differentiate between the two of them. Sookie appears to have inherited more fairy powers (Such as the power of telepathy and immunity against mind spells from vampires and maenads). While Jason only has the power of being able to easily attract women and gay men (However most assume this is mainly due to his good looks).
And
Originally Posted by NorCal
I have a feeling that chick J is trying to bang will end up being a creature of some sort and perhaps tie into the sookie/jason genealogy thread some how.
Originally Posted by Baron
Originally Posted by Rambo
I think I remember reading that she was some sort of panther or tiger or some ****. In the books that is. No idea what she'll be on the show.
Crystal Norris Stackhouse Crystal is a full-blooded werepanther and niece of Calvin Norris. She is first introduced in the fourth novel, Dead to the World (novel) and is depicted as being "short, thin, dark twenty-one-year-old."[19] Crystal appears in subsequent novels and eventually marries Jason because she is pregnant though she miscarries the baby. Shifters tend to have low birthrate and Crystal has already had a miscarriage before, but she becomes pregnant again and it seems like she will be able to carry this pregnancy to term. While pregnant, she has an affair with another werepanther from Bon Temps and Jason finds out. Their relationship deteriorates after that; Crystal moves back to Hotshot. She and her unborn baby are killed in the ninth book, Dead and Gone. Lindsay Pulsipher will portray Crystal in HBO's True Blood.[20]
From The Southern Vampire Mysteries Wiki

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^LOL

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics