• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how do you rock 'em jeans? : Fit Pics & Description

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ lulz, sorry to dig up painful memory. oh, i'm not planning to do anything on mine__ had quite enough painful share of size downs in my day. it's either going back out to the supermarket or it's gonna be some sweet birthday present to a friend & fellow enthusiast.

i knew 33 post soak on a tagged W33 was too good to be true. i really wasn't planning on getting them after reading up & learning about the sizing issue, but the owner [from here @FS] dove the price down__ to which was incomprehensibly irresistable to a degenerate denimhead
frown.gif
blush.gif

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ysb
^painful, yes, but apparently I'm a sucker for punishment because I value the jeans more now that I went through that.

Cool thread! -- Just found it. Will post some fits later....

kinggimp

Reaction score
what are your guys' opinions on these fits?

acne mic rigid size 29
Capture4.jpg

Capture5.jpg

apc ns size 27
Capture6.jpg

Capture7.jpg

thanks!

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^fantastic job sizing them, imo... please give us some description & measurements.

Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
PBJ 007 :: 14.5oz :: TTS @W33
PBJ007fit.jpg

@4.5 mos [effective wear] x 3 hotsoaks :: current measurements : w= 34, ins= 33, f/r= 10, b/r= 14.5, u/t= 12, kn= 8.5, l/o=8.75

ScanPic037-1.jpg

.... & the saga continues: 1.5 yrs :: still no wash :: 5 warm soaks :: approx. 6mos effective wear

they're my "filler" jeans__ meaning, worn on & off__ mostly to relieve my main rotation jeans, so they pretty much had the sedentary part of the rotation cycle:

PBJord.jpg

PBJord2.jpg

pbj007.jpg

pbj007patch.jpg

fried the leather patch on initial hot soak__ had to resuscitate w/tons of conditioning + stitch up crumbllng edge

pbj007combs.jpg

pbj007cp.jpg

pbj007wares.jpg

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flat Heads 1001 after 20 min lukewarm soak and air dry (size 33). I'm 5'9" and 178 lbs. I sometimes have trouble getting fits I like because I have thin upper thighs but a bubble-ass--which is a little contradictory. I like these, but have considered giving them a warmer/hot soak to shrink them down for a more fitted look. These are my first FH's. I'll post evo pics as they develop.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's some SC 2009's in size 31 that I'll be working on if we see any summer weather in the Bay Area (cool so far). Would like to see some stretch so they relax over my frame. No wash or soak so far. Again, I'll update the thread when they have some wear.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
finally, Okinawas in size 31. New, and then after 65 full days of wear. No wash or soak yet. Love the denim. Have never been crazy about this fit on me (which even though I sized correctly seems to get worse as they break in) and I regret hemming them. But I wanted a pair of 47's in rotation so I'm committed to seeing these through.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
Model '47 fits :

Studio D'ArtisanSD-101 :: 15oz :: size +1 @34 [could've TTS]
SD101fit.jpg

@6 mos eff. wear x 4 soaks x 1 cold wash :: current measurements : w= 34, ins= 33, f/r= 11, b/r= 15, u/t= 12.75, kn= 9.5, l/o= 9

last wash was 1yr ago & 2nd scheduled wash is end of summer :: 7.5 mos eff. wear :: 5 warm soaks :: they've been subbing the D1334 for summer detail__ the drys are just too punishing for NY summer heat.

sd101bphem.jpg

sd101cp.jpg

sd101wares.jpg

SD101FB.jpg

SD101fb2ndfit.jpg

i've been wearing then low/slouched lately cuz they've gottn a bit too loose on the waist__ def up for a warm soak

update: 01SEP__ double soaked, warm.

SD101soak6-1.jpg

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got some new jeans, 17.5cm. So comfy. These are size 27, stretch, fairly lightweight (12oz I'd imagine) broken twill. Not selvage but dry.
8TBrQ.jpg
ps: i'm apparently preggers in pic 2

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
replaced the NS a few pages back with the RRL low straight rinsed, tagged 30x32. waist measures 16.5 currently. worn about 3 days so far so stretching isn't over yet. inseam is 32.5 and hem is 8. much happier.
IMG_1419.jpg
IMG_1418.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads