• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much should I pay for an Attolini suit?

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will I feel very stupid in the future if I buy a solid charcoal Attolini suit from the current season for $2600? It's an amazing suit but is it worth that much for a RTW suit even if it fits great? The retail price is $6000 by the way (ouch).

Please tell me I shouldn't buy it so that I can sleep well tonight
smile.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i think for the avg guy getting a deal less than 50% off retail is a good deal especially for a staple item that you were in the market for.

for small timers like me, i would 'wait' for the elusive 90% off but that's just me or the sf-effect.
smile.gif

go for it, if you know youll have years of awesome enjoyment from it

yeah, like mentioned, it really has to do with your personal finances. you know better yourself than we.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If parting with the price won't bother you ... then by all means buy it. If having your bank account down by the amount of the purchase gnaws at you ... then pass it by.

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
for small timers like me, i would 'wait' for the elusive 90% off but that's just me or the sf-effect.
smile.gif

Yes but the problem is it will never get down to 90% off and it will never be available on SF.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The maker doesn't matter if the fit isn't ideal for you. Be sure it flatters. If so, it is pretty hard to turn down a classic suit that makes you look your best. Unless, as RSS said, it gnaws at you.

Macallan9

Reaction score
2600 is far too much to pay for a non-bespoke suit, IMO.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Macallan9
2600 is far too much to pay for a non-bespoke suit, IMO.

It's worth it if it is excellent fit and requires minimal alterations. Not everyone has the appetite to enter into bespoke relationship, which for some is an outright hassle, while others, is an enjoyment. Assuming the Attolini fit is as good as the OP thinks it is, it is quite possible with some tailoriting that it can fit as well as any first bespoke suit commission.

Macallan9

Reaction score
You can get solid charcoal attolinis NWT on ebay for around 700-1000 on ebay once in awhile, at least.

To each their own, but I think we're all too neurotic here for OTR. There's always some niggling detail that will annoy you.

Hans

Reaction score
Attolini makes wonderful suits and $2600 is a good price. Sure, for the same price you might be able to get bespoke, but I don't know how many world-class tailors live near you who could make you as good a suit as Cesare A. for that price. If you like it, buy it and have it fine-tuned by a good alterations tailor. IMO, this is worth the money.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Macallan9
You can get solid charcoal attolinis NWT on ebay for around 700-1000 on ebay once in awhile, at least.

To each their own, but I think we're all too neurotic here for OTR. There's always some niggling detail that will annoy you.

You are so full of **** it's laughable. In what, size 56L?

I sold this solid charcoal a few months back for a bit over $2K
IMG_2862_2.jpg

In popular sizes there will always be people willing to pay around 50-60% off retail for Attolini.

A wise man once said - "good bespoke is better than bad RTW but good RTW is always better than bad bespoke".

FWIW - I bought that suit for myself, it fit great but the trousers rise was way too low. I was able to immedietly re-sell it for more than i paid.

1337some0ne

Reaction score
If it is within your means and it's a nice fit, I would say go for it. Personally, I wouldn't pay that amount for a ready to wear suit; bespoke seems the better option to me at that price but getting a quality RTW suit has its advantages over bespoke so once again, if you know you'll be happy with it and you can afford it, buy it. I would imagine that you'll regret not buying it and then missing out on the deal more than you'll regret buying it and being dissatisfied.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Diavolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
here we go again with the 'at that price i would go bespoke' . if the rtw fits and flatters your body type and is of luxury quality and make at a good price , it's better than to go bespoke in many cases

Mine have all been so good I've never regretted the money I spent (was certainly not $6000). They happen to fit me perfectly. I can't imagine nor do I need to consider bespoke being better in any way whatsoever.
Too many people here view bespoke as the Holy Grail - faultless. That is often not the case at all - certainly not at $2600. I could spend $6000 on bespoke and get a fit that may or may not be minutely better in some insignificant way I would never notice in real life.
If you like it and it fits well buy it, they are wonderful suits. I find La Vera Sartoria Napolitana equally good but they're much harder to find. Luckily I have a store where I live which will do them MTM (wool cashmere jacket $2500).

Hans

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Diavolo
I find La Vera Sartoria Napoletana equally good but they're much harder to find. Luckily I have a store where I live which will do them MTM (wool cashmere jacket $2500).

Where do you live & what's the store?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads