• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
jul19001.jpg

really nice fabric on the suit HF. tie/ps combo is tethering towards being matchy matchy though. the other design peaking in barely saves it.

Originally Posted by TRINI
4808484227_f40ed0ed1f.jpg
4808485897_4359476e73.jpg

just splendid Trini. jadakiss will approve ... lol.

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
To celebrate my 50th birthday, friends took me to Wolf Trap last night to see Lucille in concert. She was appearing with her usual partner, B.B. King.

happy 50th TB ... i hope i am in the same shape as you, Butler and a few other oldogs here when i turn 50.

Originally Posted by bowtielover
Church sunday, me in my charcoal windowpane suit, white french cuff shirt and blue striped bowtie with matching pocket square.

that facial expression might be one of the reasons why lebron left Cleveland ...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Only some closeups as Mrs. Spoo is still away:

nice shooz Spoo - but not with this fit. the top screams business and the shoes scream seersucker or linen suit.

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Mrs Ranger's debut
IMG_8983.jpg

nice SC ... i really need a white DB SC ... maybe next year.

and i believe we have seen Mrs Ranger before ... she was showing a lot more skin the last time we saw her ... and carrying lil NYR also.

Originally Posted by Toiletduck
IMG_7439.jpg

Mine!

tuck yo' shirt in ... lol!!!

Originally Posted by teddieriley
A couple of casual outfits, in each pic trousers courtesy of Howard Yount.

digging both ... and the barker blacks!

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The orange just brought back memories I was trying to bury, nii. Very nice look, though.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Lovely fabic on the SC but I'm not sure whether the buttoning point looks a little high or whether that's due to photo angle and your backwards lean? Good to see properly rumpled chinos, but are they (and the SC) a tad too short? I'm probably coming across as hyper-critical (and I like the overall look a lot) but normally you look spot on fit wise.

I think there's a little bit of an angle thing going on, fit is pretty similar to my other Chans but I purposely asked for this one to be a bit shorter than my suit jackets to make it a bit sportier. There are a few other little design details like swelled edges and flapped patch pockets as well that don't show up so well. I think that stuff tends to work better on heavier cloths though, this one I believe is an 8 or 9 oz.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Love the jacket. What fabric is it?

Originally Posted by KeatonCollar
Yfyf, that sports coat is badass. What are the details of the fabric?

Thanks chaps, the fabric I think is a John G Hardy summer something or other. I forget. Very light and it's from a new book of theirs from this year.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
The orange just brought back memories I was trying to bury, nii. Very nice look, though.

I know ... sorry man ... i honestly thought third time would be the charm
confused.gif

Originally Posted by yfyf
Nice. I've said it before but the soft shoulder stuff suits you well Nii. I like the textured tie and rolling collar as well.

100% agree with your observations about the soft shoulder. i have pretty much given away most of my structured shoulder stuff ... i have kept 3 or 4 that i really like, but i find myself rarely reaching for them.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
i have pretty much given away most of my structured shoulder stuff ... i have kept 3 or 4 that i really like, but i find myself rarely reaching for them.

Deshoulder them.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Nice specs.

Mike

Thanks - Are those the Filenes Borrellis in question? You lucky bastard.

Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
Great shoes!! And, oh yes, the socks are nice, too!

Originally Posted by ManofKent
Great specs.

Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

nice shooz Spoo - but not with this fit. the top screams business and the shoes scream seersucker or linen suit.

Thanks Nii - I knew it was off, but juggling quite a few things here at home, so no time to change it up. But I will poll the field - I am having a hard time finding the right pants to wear with these shoes. I just cant seem to nail it. I think the top would have worked with the shoes, had I had the proper pantaloons, but any suggestions? Im really lost as its my first spectator, and first shoe this color.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
yfyf should be a boxer with that reach. Would knock out all competition.

nii, like the colors. Jacket is a more saturated blue than navy right? Looks like it on my cheap work monitor.

Rada

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
An austere Australian winter palette...

auswinter2.jpg

I really enjoy the simplicity of this... everything fits well and the collar is behaving beautifully
worship.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics