• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Request. I cant find this sweater.

Javier

Reaction score
Hello! Im also using this post to intruduce myself. Im Javier and im an absolutely fashion lover.

I have been looking for a sweater i saw in the 2010 Comet Awards like crazy, because i absolutely fell in love with it. I have looked everywhere, and found nothing. I thought it could be from Z Zegna, but i asked them and is not.

I swear i will pay 100$ if somebody tells me who this sweater is by.

It is a long, black knitted sweater. Here are a pair of pictures of the sweater:

tomtomtom.jpg
tomsweater.jpg

Just in case this helps, the boy wearing it is Tom Kaulitz, from the group Tokio Hotel.

Seriously, i want this sweater so badly that i will happily pay to the one who tells me where to buy this sweater.

I know guys, i know. I know it is pretty plain and simple, but for some reason i love this sweater, and i want it badly.

Thank you all in advance!

jefe

Reaction score
Might have better luck in streetwear and denim? I don't think the Men's Clothing crowd will be a lot of help.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's just a fisherman's sweater that's two sizes too large. The one I have is from timberland, no idea if they make them anymore. LL Bean usually puts on in the winter lineup though. But nobody's going to have any in stock in july, gotta wait until the fall for the winter stuff to get in.

Animal Farm

Reaction score
Have you thought about emailing Tom Kaulitz's assistant or press contact? It might be a long shot, but you could claim that you're writing a piece on the fashion of certain artists in his genre and are interested to know the details about that outfit (include the pic).

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know where you can get that sweater if you mean the black cableknit Paypal me $100.

31496_401110093009_231597883009_4088651_1352108_n.jpg

Javier

Reaction score
Thank you all for the answers!

Originally Posted by jefe
Might have better luck in streetwear and denim? I don't think the Men's Clothing crowd will be a lot of help.

Thank you for the advice! I will try there.

Originally Posted by cptjeff
It's just a fisherman's sweater that's two sizes too large. The one I have is from timberland, no idea if they make them anymore. LL Bean usually puts on in the winter lineup though. But nobody's going to have any in stock in july, gotta wait until the fall for the winter stuff to get in.

The one you have is similar to this one? How similar?

Originally Posted by Animal Farm
Have you thought about emailing Tom Kaulitz's assistant or press contact? It might be a long shot, but you could claim that you're writing a piece on the fashion of certain artists in his genre and are interested to know the details about that outfit (include the pic).

Yes, im working on it, but its pretty hard to find a mail that is not "fanmail".

Originally Posted by bigbris1
I know where you can get that sweater if you mean the black cableknit Paypal me $100.

31496_401110093009_231597883009_4088651_1352108_n.jpg

PMed, lets talk.
wink.gif

Javier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bwsbbc
You can find something very, very similar from SNS Herning. They make high quality fisherman knits. http://www.sns-herning.com/webshopitem.aspx?id=31
Check back at the online shop come wintertime, and they might have more of what youre looking for in terms of the cable knit style.

Thank you very much for the link. It is a very good one, but im looking exactly the one i posted. It is the shape it has what drives me crazy. The position of the seams, and how is knitted, makes it fit incredibly good to the body. Thats why im looking for it so badly.

bwsbbc

Reaction score
http://www.nataliefranz.com/

e-mail her. she does their hair and makeup. Tell her you want to get put into contact with their stylist. Write a heartfelt letter, and maybe she'll help you. Once you get in contact with their stylist you're golden. I'm sure it'll be a simple answer from her. i.e. dior homme fall/winter 2007. But, don't cross your fingers because she might not get back to you. I couldn't find an email for their stylist offhand, but i found that. I just wanted to help because i've had the same type of thing happen to me with an item of clothing.

KingOfTheForum

Reaction score
Why don't you do a search to find out what he was wearing at that event. You can probably find something.

Javier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bwsbbc
http://www.nataliefranz.com/

e-mail her. she does their hair and makeup. Tell her you want to get put into contact with their stylist. Write a heartfelt letter, and maybe she'll help you. Once you get in contact with their stylist you're golden. I'm sure it'll be a simple answer from her. i.e. dior homme fall/winter 2007. But, don't cross your fingers because she might not get back to you. I couldn't find an email for their stylist offhand, but i found that. I just wanted to help because i've had the same type of thing happen to me with an item of clothing.

Wow, this is by far a lot more help that i would never expected. I wasnt able to find any contact info of their staff. I didnt even know that she was her hair/makeup assistant. The only i knew was that David Jöst is one of their manager, but i couldnt find any contact or professional web of him.

Thank you very very much for this. Im gonna try this route, is the clearest one since i started the search. If this finally works, i will happily pay you 50$ for the info. (100$ for where to buy the sweater, 50$ for important info to how, seems fair)

Originally Posted by KingOfTheForum
Why don't you do a search to find out what he was wearing at that event. You can probably find something.

Yes yes, i tried, but founded nothing. I founded what Bill (lead singer) was wearing ar that event (in fact, all he was wearing, even the shoes), but nothing about Tom. Even my sister, which is a huge Tokio Hotel fan, asked in all the Tokio Hotel forums she is involved, but nobody knows. Thats why the help of bwsbbc is so appreciated for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads