• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dopp Kits/ Toiletry Bags/ Shaving Kits

eml4sker

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new toiletry bag and am soliciting recommendations. I did some searching on the forum but noticed this was a topic that hasn't received much coverage.

For the travel pros, what type of toiletry bag do you recommend? Does anyone use 3 ounce sub-containers for liquids/gels?

aproo

Reaction score
I use a Tumi Toiletry bag. I believe the model name is Alpha Hanging Travel Kit. It is perfect for me. I also use containers for gel/liquids by Muji.

dron

Reaction score
this is my favourite. too expensive though.
1593451452937.png

eml4sker

Reaction score
Not sure if it's bad etiquette, but I'm bumping this thread. Really want to figure this out.

PITAronin

Reaction score
Not that long ago, the folks at J. Peterman were having a very good sale on a hanging toiletry bag similar to the Col. Littleton. And, while I was tempted, my practical side just kept reminding myself what a PITA things have gotten with respect to trying to take toiletries through airports. Not really sure that having to stow everything in the 1 quart plastic bag and then re-stow all of the little bottles and etc. into a snazzy hanging kit at my destination really makes sense. Setting aside all of those who travel via the highways or on cruise ships, a question for those of us who are primarily air travelers: has the traditional Dopp kit or roll-up dhobi set become as doomed as the dinosaur?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I use a cheap one that is very light and takes up little space. IIRC, I got it from CVS. I've had higher quality ones, but after considering the inevitable spills and weight of better ones, I decided to go the cheap route.

jessis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aproo
I use a Tumi Toiletry bag. I believe the model name is Alpha Hanging Travel Kit. It is perfect for me. I also use containers for gel/liquids by Muji.
+1 on Tumi

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought one at Eastern Mountain Sports for around $10 that lasted for 20 years. Recently sprang for a new one, also from EMS.

eml4sker

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time digesting the $135 price point on the Tumi. It's all synthetic fibers. What's so great about it?

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PITAronin
Not that long ago, the folks at J. Peterman were having a very good sale on a hanging toiletry bag similar to the Col. Littleton. And, while I was tempted, my practical side just kept reminding myself what a PITA things have gotten with respect to trying to take toiletries through airports. Not really sure that having to stow everything in the 1 quart plastic bag and then re-stow all of the little bottles and etc. into a snazzy hanging kit at my destination really makes sense. Setting aside all of those who travel via the highways or on cruise ships, a question for those of us who are primarily air travelers: has the traditional Dopp kit or roll-up dhobi set become as doomed as the dinosaur?

Same here. My liquids are thrown in my super secure Kipp liquid pouch and the rest usually gets tossed into an old shoe dust bag.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics