• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Once you reach this point of style, there is no where else to go...

Master Squirrel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd graft tufts of hair on the tops of my ears. It'd complete the look.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's also that guy who **** his tongue to look like a snake.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Style is not a word I would use in this context.

He appears to be more of a genetic mistake ... the fully faux version.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master Squirrel
Um... post pictures please.... please God post pictures!

I found him ...Tiger Woods...

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Style is not a word I would use in this context.

He appears to be more of a genetic mistake ... the fully faux version.

I wonder if his children will also feel obliged to get the implanted horns?

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If those horns are the product of cosmetic surgery one has to question the ethics of the surgeon.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the booking form says he's 5'10" and 125 lbs
crackup[1].gif
i'm curious, how would one get the grooves in the side of his head like that?

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
If those horns are the product of cosmetic surgery one has to question the ethics of the surgeon.

They're not really any less 'ethical' than any other form of plastic surgery.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
They're not really any less 'ethical' than any other form of plastic surgery.
Well, I don't entirely agree with that. Take a burns victim for example or patient who has facial disfigurement/deformity. A surgeon who'll collaborate with a patient to make him more grotesque is questionable to my mind. I'll accept that my view may be old fashioned but...

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't entirely agree with that. Take a burns victim for example or patient who has facial disfigurement/deformity.

A surgeon who'll collaborate with a patient to make him more grotesque is questionable to my mind.

I'll accept that my view may be old fashioned but...

Ok, I probably should've said 'cosmetic' surgery, there are plenty of times when plastic surgery is necessary but when it's purely cosmetic (face-lifts, breast implants, etc) it's just as ethically questionable as getting horns implanted.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, I don't entirely agree with that. Take a burns victim for example or patient who has facial disfigurement/deformity. A surgeon who'll collaborate with a patient to make him more grotesque is questionable to my mind. I'll accept that my view may be old fashioned but...
I'm not a surgeon, but from a general medical ethics point of view, if the person has full capacity, then I'd suggest this sort of extreme body modification may not be a particularly unethical thing to be involved in. To use a tailoring analogy, if you felt somebody would be better off with a clean look, but they insisted on lots of drape, if you were sure they absolutely understood what they were asking for, you might still proceed. Now, if the person had impaired capacity, or serious psychological issues driving his desire to get this type of surgery, and the surgeon proceeded anyway, absolutely I would consider that unethical. I leave it to you/others to suggest a tailoring analogy here, perhaps using one of our esteemed members and their bespoke tailors...
devil.gif
Of course, it can be argued whether it's possible to want this kind of modification without having those serious psychological issues, but there is a theoretical possible subset that might fit those criteria. I suppose, in some respects, in might be akin to surgery for body dysmorphia. Not something I approve of personally, and it is a highly controversial field, but there are those who hold that it is acceptable/ethical to perform.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads