• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***THE OFFICIAL Los Angeles Chat Thread***

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
i think the OC Fair is great mainly for the bizarre "collections" section, where the best collections of random crap are awarded prizes. that and deep fried coca cola and oreos. also i saw a really good devo concert there several years ago.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
here's hoping jackie johnson wore a silk blouse today!
teacha.gif

bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
jackie-johnson-pajamas.jpg
jackie_johnson_2513786.jpg
73182_Jackie_Johnson_sexy_laker_game_122_435lo_122_435lo.jpg
BTW, add hottest news/weather girls this side of Univision as another reason LA is the ****.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
I'm going in a couple weeks to go see Julianne Hough perform!

Thought you might be doing that. I was sort of tempted myself. However, in her videos she is so relentlessly up-tempo and cheerful that an hour and a half or whatever of Julianne might be a little grating on a crochety old man like me. I do like her music, though...at least in modest doses, and of course she is utterly adorable.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Thought you might be doing that. I was sort of tempted myself. However, in her videos she is so relentlessly up-tempo and cheerful that an hour and a half or whatever of Julianne might be a little grating on a crochety old man like me. I do like her music, though...at least in modest doses, and of course she is utterly adorable.

The day I found out she was performing (months ago) I bought tickets. Yes she is up-tempo and just full of energy. I like that.
inlove.gif
I'm pretty convinced that in the following song when she says, "So I can watch that video I got in my head of a blue-eyed boy, Dancing in the bed of a two-tone Ford. Oh lord it's love." she's talking about me.
blush.gif
lol8[1].gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry to catch up so late. how many representing from LBC? i know mr. libourel, but that's fancy pants ELB. davidko, are you in one of the apartment buildings on the beach? i'm wrigley.
someone asked about restaurants (i was skipping through those pages because they were about baseball). you had a good list. pizzeria mozza is probably the one i'd most recommend. casual, great scene, good food. bazaar probably has as good/better food and is easier to get into, but y ou've got to wade through about 20 yards of douche-ry in the hotel lobby to get to it.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ps: Bludso's FTW! (if you can't find bigmista at a farmers market, that is)

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
sorry to catch up so late. how many representing from LBC? i know mr. libourel, but that's fancy pants ELB. davidko, are you in one of the apartment buildings on the beach? i'm wrigley.
someone asked about restaurants (i was skipping through those pages because they were about baseball). you had a good list. pizzeria mozza is probably the one i'd most recommend. casual, great scene, good food. bazaar probably has as good/better food and is easier to get into, but y ou've got to wade through about 20 yards of douche-ry in the hotel lobby to get to it.

Yep, downtown high rises. Just got back from the farmers market - so. hot.

Im actually gonna be by both of you guys on saturday
- My buddy is having a pool party - he lives off wardlow, i think thats considered bixby
- Then Ill be leaving that early to head to Marine Vista park by Colorado lagoon for a mid-afternoon kickball games (yes, THAT kind of kickball)

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
woke up this morning and it was raining. burned off and turned hot and humid. felt like alabama.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lunch at mendocino farms in the marina. so good. they have boylan's sodas...the bomb!

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VP was pretty rad. I actually parked in Manhattan Beach and walked the strand to Hermosa and back...great walk. Lots of eye candy.

Next Saturday is Smackfest in Hermosa Beach. Then 6-man the week after. Good time to hit the beach, glad the damn june gloom finally burned off.

teacha.gif

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice! i'm in on this one. live/work/play. SoPas/LBC/South Bay recently. born and raised angeleno except for the 5 years i spent in SD for school (so jealous of you Althis...UCSD rules!...i imagine that's where you'll be attending).

probably hit Redondo Beach tomorrow with this crazy heat wave!

Mmmmm...Jackie Johnson...

-Jeff

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
Yep, downtown high rises. Just got back from the farmers market - so. hot.

Im actually gonna be by both of you guys on saturday
- My buddy is having a pool party - he lives off wardlow, i think thats considered bixby
- Then Ill be leaving that early to head to Marine Vista park by Colorado lagoon for a mid-afternoon kickball games (yes, THAT kind of kickball)

If you see a tall old guy in some sort of hat walking a big black dog that looks sort of like a Dane-Pit cross in the vicinity of Marina Vista Park , please say "Hi."

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
If you see a tall old guy in some sort of hat walking a big black dog that looks sort of like a Dane-Pit cross in the vicinity of Marina Vista Park , please say "Hi."

I just got this message since I was out all day so didnt even pay attention. We are there saturdays from 2-4 and at Barrys on 2nd street afterwards for flip cup and beer pong through august, so come on down.

Originally Posted by gamelan
nice! i'm in on this one. live/work/play. SoPas/LBC/South Bay recently. born and raised angeleno except for the 5 years i spent in SD for school (so jealous of you Althis...UCSD rules!...i imagine that's where you'll be attending).

damn jeff, you're all over the map for live/work/play - how old are you? You gonna move closer to work or the south bay? Rent is probable cheaper than pasadena. I assume you work in downtown LB?

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to Huntington Beach yesterday from 10am to 7... it's pretty comical how dark I am right now.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You heading up to the US open in 2-3 weeks?? Last year it was SOOOO packed. I get parking rage really easily. If Im within like 1/4 mile of parking but cant find any or the traffic is slow, I
ffffuuuu.gif
So I payed $30 just to get in a lot and call it a day.

went to the nokia theater last night for the tool concert. Its so ******* sterile but I love that area. Yardhouse for drinks. Concert, and on the freeway in like 2 minutes. It was all expensive ($40 for drinks, $90 for ticket) but great night of entertainment.

Then I had to wake up at 4:45 this morning for the first day of my new job. Ugh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads