• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for opinion on Emporio Armani suit from YOOX

akc1207

Reaction score
Hey,

I've been looking around for an Armani suit to buy and I am a size 40. I hear that sizes can be inconsistent with YOOX, but I was just curious to hear anyone's opinion of what they thought of this suit and if it should work for me:

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?sec=1&Y...P&sts=sr_men80

I'm thinking of buying it, but don't want to waste my money on garbage, and I've never bought anything from YOOX before. Thanks in advance.

Ryan Graber

Reaction score
EA fits slim, so if you are a 40 us you may need a 42 in EA, the quality is nothing to right home about, its not horrible by any means, but you can do better for that price, the ebay seller mptobis and the ebay seller vipcouture tend to have quite a few sutis in stock and generally at a decent price, both are great sellers and easy to do business with.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Composition: 70% Cotton, 28% Polyamid, 2% Elastane"

Are you looking for a cotton suit specifically?

akc1207

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
"Composition: 70% Cotton, 28% Polyamid, 2% Elastane"

Are you looking for a cotton suit specifically?

No nothing in particular. Just looking for a nice Armani.

gregor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by akc1207
Just looking for a nice Armani.

facepalm.gif

Macallan

Reaction score
I have an EA suit - it is true to size, I wear size 40 jacket and the EA jacket is 50 (which is UK size 40).
If you want a fashion forward suit in an ok cloth, then worth considering. Compared to my other suits - worst construction, worst cloth and most fragile; however, it does get compliments.

Avoid using Yoox for garments like suits, trousers and shoes (unless you already know your size for the specific item). The details are not always correct and their guidance can be misleading too, which resulted in me sending back items.
Others things to consider when ordering from Yoox, i. some garments are inferior quality to what you find instore and ii. a lot of the items have a higher price than what RRP is. Although in this case $390 for an EA suits seems about right, which will lead to me final point, can you not purchase an EA suit instore.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No nothing in particular. Just looking for a nice Armani.
Why Armani in particular? Plus you are looking at the bottom end of Armani just for the name.

akc1207

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
Why Armani in particular? Plus you are looking at the bottom end of Armani just for the name.

I just like the suits they have. I am looking for the slim fit too and the Emporio Armani have shown this. If there are other types of Armani suits that I should be looking at please let me know. I am open to suggestions, just not too expensive because I am on a budget.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just like the suits they have. I am looking for the slim fit too and the Emporio Armani have shown this. If there are other types of Armani suits that I should be looking at please let me know. I am open to suggestions, just not too expensive because I am on a budget.
If you're looking for a starter/basic/staple suit, avoid cotton and certainly avoid blends of cotton with synthetics like elastane. A fabric blend can be very nice (particularly a small amount of mohair, cashmere or silk added to wool) but generally speaking you should be looking for pure wool.

akc1207

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gianni
Son, always remember label is inside suit. Nobody can see Armani except for you. However everyone can see cheap suit on outside.

forget labels, go for quality. In the website they show you suit, and it looks nice. But the fabric is rubbish, will not last very long, and will not look new for very long. Best to start with good basics, get good quality fabric. What is the point spending $400 for suit you will throw in 1 year away, when for $800 you can buy suit that will last you 5 years and be of decent fabric, quality and workmanship.

I think it might be important to mention that I would only be wearing it a handful of times a year, probably less than 5.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just buy it. I think Yoox is doing free shipping now and itsl ike 6 bucks for a return, or free if u take the yoox credit if you know you're just gonna order from there again.

sf_esq

Reaction score
Agreed. Don't go with Cotton, unless you already own enough wool blend suits that you can wear the whole year. Also, recommend against Emporio Armani. Quality is mediocre. If you know your measurements, you can find much better quality here or even ebay. Best of luck.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please buy it, you need to learn a lesson.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads