• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixsails

Reaction score
Is there a way to tell what last a boot is on by the markings inside, as in a "B" below the "D" (for width) meaning Barrie?

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arizor
My Alden cordovan captoes #8 at approximately 1.5 years.

So sick. My next pair of shoes are going to be alden boots.

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mbrokerny
Ive been following this thread for a while and really need some guidance, Im looking to purchase my first pair of aldens and I want to get a boot. I started off wanting the Indy boot in some sort of dark brown, most likely the chromexel, but have started thinking that maybe the indy boots are getting plaid out. I like them but do not like the contrast stitching. I also really like the alden crepe as mentioned in an earlier thread. I started thinking about the context roy boots, people seem to really like them. Are the Roy boots the ultimate Alden boots?

My needs are as follows:

Looks great with jeans, can be worn in all conditions including the rainy/snowy northeast winters we get here and also look good with chinos and can be kinda dressed up.

What do you guys think?

I say get a pair of shell from Alden of Carmel. AF53 comes to mind (they will begin as eggplant colored, but will turn brown - beautifully brown). They are commando soled.

Roy boots are great, but I can't get into the crepe sole on them. I'm waiting for one of the Alden dealers to make a chromexcel boot with a leather sole. If you do like the crepe, the Roy boots are perfect - but you must order them now and wait.

Originally Posted by sixsails
Is there a way to tell what last a boot is on by the markings inside, as in a "B" below the "D" (for width) meaning Barrie?

The "B" is the heel width.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
stupid question i just got a pair of alden shoe trees from jcrew had a gift card. is there a left and right shoe tree and if there is how do i know which tree id for the left shoe which tree is for the right shoe.

They should have a left and right orientation. If you look at the trees from the front, when they curve down one side will do so almost vertically. The almost vertical edge should go towards the inside of the shoe.

It's hard to write this in a way that makes sense, but it should be obvious when you look.

mbrokerny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roguls
I say get a pair of shell from Alden of Carmel. AF53 comes to mind (they will begin as eggplant colored, but will turn brown - beautifully brown). They are commando soled.

Thanks for the reply, do you own these? Any pics?

videocrew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joenobody0
They should have a left and right orientation. If you look at the trees from the front, when they curve down one side will do so almost vertically. The almost vertical edge should go towards the inside of the shoe.

It's hard to write this in a way that makes sense, but it should be obvious when you look.

Looking from the back:
2wda54p.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arizor
My Alden cordovan captoes #8 at approximately 1.5 years.

What last are these grant?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom please do a pre-order on those plaza lasted captoes they are the best

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the LS Pitt boots?

I've never had a chance to see (or wear) the the double-oiled waterlock sole. Wondering how people feel about the look and comfort of it as an alternative to commando for urban areas.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Tom please do a pre-order on those plaza lasted captoes they are the best

They're in stock now at LSBH. Shoot Bryan an email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads