• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***THE OFFICIAL Los Angeles Chat Thread***

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
How often do you have lunch at that Hooters? Occasionally I'll have lunch there before an Angels game or if the office wants to go there for lunch.

I've never dined at the Hooters. From my third floor office window, I can see the girls going into Hooters in their white boots at the start of the evening shift. Some guys have said that most Hooters girls didn't look like much, but those I have seen all look pretty cute. Of course, it may be that at my advanced age almost any female under age 40 who is not grossly ill-favored looks pretty cute!

scugger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
Worst freeways? The contenders.

10: Goes east/west through the center of LA... you know it's going to be bad. Thank god it's got like 5 or 6 lanes, or you might as well just get out of your car and walk.

101: Goes right through the heart of downtown LA. Really really really ******* awful up until the Echo Park area... then it is only awful from there til the Hollywood Hills.

710: Insane truck drivers going 80 all the time on this one.

405: "We're going 4 oh 5 miles per hour".

110: Haven't been all the way down on this one. But from where it starts in South Pas to around where USC is........ tiny ass freeway and it's WIND-EY AS ****, may as well be a rollercoaster if you go fast enough.

The 5 sucks ass too!

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
60: Like the Jekyll & Hyde of LA freeways. It could be Sunday night at midnight and there will be redlights for as far as the eye can see. It could be a Friday afternoon at 3pm and smooth sailing.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
I've never dined at the Hooters. From my third floor office window, I can see the girls going into Hooters in their white boots at the start of the evening shift. Some guys have said that most Hooters girls didn't look like much, but those I have seen all look pretty cute. Of course, it may be that at my advanced age almost any female under age 40 who is not grossly ill-favored looks pretty cute!

I'm not much of a fan of Hooters but have been to that one a few times and the one in Costa Mesa. That one off Katella is much better in terms of the girls than the one in Costa Mesa.

Last year a friend and I went to that Hooters before the Angels game. We had lunch/beer for a couple hours then went to the game. After the game was over we walked back on over to our cars and decided to go back inside. That lasted for a few hours and few more beers as well. Our server was actually pretty hot and skinny (alot of the servers tend to be fat), and I ended up getting her number. Called her a couple days later while on the start of a week long vacation but forgot about it when I got back and never did call back and set up a date. Found out she had just turned 18 when I initially called her which took me by surprise as well.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hilarious you guys mention hooters, I am actually thinking about heading there to eat now. I live right by the one in LB and have a $25 gift card to spend. Suck on that, fine dining threak.

As far as freeways:

710 - I love this one. Lots of trucks but hardly any traffic ever. Probably my favorite even though its hood. Plus they just repaved and added a carpool lane

110- Anything south of the 10 is generally a straight non-stop shot

91- Not too bad, relative to others.

405 - awful. avoid at all costs.

101- gotta be the worst. At 10 pm on a sunday it can still back up. Its like 3 lanes wide to boot.

At my last job, i went home this way: 105 E. > 110 S. > 91 E. > 710 S. - Who the **** travels 4 or 5 freeways a day? Angelenos.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but everything is only "twenty minutes" away...

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
Hilarious you guys mention hooters, I am actually thinking about heading there to eat now. I live right by the one in LB and have a $25 gift card to spend. Suck on that, fine dining threak.

As far as freeways:

710 - I love this one. Lots of trucks but hardly any traffic ever. Probably my favorite even though its hood. Plus they just repaved and added a carpool lane

110- Anything south of the 10 is generally a straight non-stop shot

91- Not too bad, relative to others.

405 - awful. avoid at all costs.

101- gotta be the worst. At 10 pm on a sunday it can still back up. Its like 3 lanes wide to boot.

At my last job, i went home this way: 105 E. > 110 S. > 91 E. > 710 S. - Who the **** travels 4 or 5 freeways a day? Angelenos.

You must be talking about the 91 in LA and not the 91 between OC and IE, because that stretch is awful.

Funny you mention 4 or 5 freeways a day to get to work. I use 2 freeways to get to work and it's only 3 miles from my house. 3 freeways to get to Angel Stadium and that's only 5 miles. Neither of those involve the 5 freeway which is less than half a mile from either home, work, or Angel Stadium. Lulz.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ummmmmmmmmm, what the **** is up with the weather?

It's like 80 degrees outside and it's ******* raining.

I pay what I do to live in LA because IT'S NEVER HUMID AND I HATE HUMIDITY. Get your **** together Dallas Raines....I'm looking at you, too, Fritz Coleman.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here's hoping jackie johnson wore a silk blouse today!

teacha.gif

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Ummmmmmmmmm, what the **** is up with the weather? It's like 80 degrees outside and it's ******* raining. I pay what I do to live in LA because IT'S NEVER HUMID AND I HATE HUMIDITY. Get your **** together Dallas Raines....I'm looking at you, too, Fritz Coleman.
This is such a wonky summer for weather. Had June gloom deep into July and now it ******* rains?

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
LA dumbed down to freeways, dodgers, and weather...this thread is like a really ****** blind date.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know where the rains coming from. It's been sunny all morning and about 90 degrees in Orange County.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the OC Fair worth going to?

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didnt see any rain. It was hot as balls at 7 am.

Originally Posted by mharwitt
LA dumbed down to freeways, dodgers, and weather...this thread is like a really ****** blind date.

And input like this really makes it even more valuable.

Originally Posted by Xericx

Go see weird Al in concert!!

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx

I'm going in a couple weeks to go see Julianne Hough perform!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics