• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by asdf
+1
ffffuuuu.gif

They are really good jawnz. Fades on mine are getting bluer... BTW when are the olive chinos going to be around to extract $$$ from my wallet?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gingahbman
This red buttondown collar oxford shirt I ordered is beautiful and I love the fit! It's wonderful to see products made by people who take pride in their work.

I definitely look forward to the next shirt I purchase from your shop. Hopefully there will be a couple long sleeve shirts with a green color scheme in the near distant future?
biggrin.gif

Thank you sir! We have a ton of shirts scheduled for the Fall, and we'll definitely have a few with green and olive in the color scheme. Trust you me.

Originally Posted by booger
Have had the MM navy/brown saddles shoes in my checkout for a week and a half. NEED. TO. PULL. THE. TRIGGER.

Those are the burner. When you wear them with chinos, it's like your pants and your shoes had a pre-arranged marriage.

Originally Posted by eglbc
Are the longer indigo smiths ready ?
Been waiting to kopdenims for so long

Originally Posted by asdf
+1
ffffuuuu.gif

Tell me about it, I'm really sorry for the delay. But this morning, I saw a beautiful thing at the UPS website:

MASPETH, NY, US \t07/14/2010 \t7:12 A.M. \tOUT FOR DELIVERY

It's insane, we're getting 330lb of jeans and chinos today. Including the contrast Smith and Hoyt's with 36" inseam.

Originally Posted by enigma77
They are really good jawnz. Fades on mine are getting bluer...

BTW when are the olive chinos going to be around to extract $$$ from my wallet?

Show sum pics of ur fadez bruh!

OD chinos are coming in today, hopefully to be launched Thurs or Friday morning.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yo Mike-
Any update on the lightweight cord Walts?

the_state

Reaction score
whats the fit like on the mcnairy cargos? i hear a 34 fits like a 35/36. any truth to this?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the_state
whats the fit like on the mcnairy cargos? i hear a 34 fits like a 35/36. any truth to this?

Don't know if Mike's stock and the pair I have are the same run, but I have size 34 at home and can measure if it will help. The rise is pretty low.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
I'm thinking of ordering some buttons and adding suspender buttons to my Ruby moleskin pants. (I know, it's a little too early getting prepared for the coming winter.)
Does anyone know what should be the appropriate diameter of the buttons?
BTW, since I'm considering DIY, can anyone shed some light on the relative locations of buttons wrt the front center button and the back center seam?
Thanks a lot.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Yo Mike- Any update on the lightweight cord Walts?
Scheduled to arrive early next week. We're doing Capsule on Monday & Tuesday, so we'll probably get them online around Thursday.
Originally Posted by the_state
Yes, I'd say that they run about an inch large due to the low rise. As long as you've got slim legs, you can definitively size down one. Quite a few customers have done this. For a more TTS option, we'll have the Double-Faced Digital Camo rivet chinos dropping next week. Good lord, they came out wonderful.
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
I'm thinking of ordering some buttons and adding suspender buttons to my Ruby moleskin pants. (I know, it's a little too early getting prepared for the coming winter.) Does anyone know what should be the appropriate diameter of the buttons? BTW, since I'm considering DIY, can anyone shed some light on the relative locations of buttons wrt the front center button and the back center seam? Thanks a lot.
That's a great idea. For this Fall, we're going to do a special run of Flannel Walt & Rudy trousers that only have brace buttons - and include a set of braces. For button location, Ask Andy has a long thread on it. Like a lot of classic menswear details, the exact location is up for debate: http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...ly-to-Put-Them For the button size, I'd recommend getting a pair of braces that you like first. Trafalgar makes a pretty solid pair for $50 if you want something basic: http://www.trafalgarstore.com/item/H...n_6_Colors/552 After you get those, your tailor will know what button size to use. If you get this done, please post some pics! I'd love to see the pants after the alteration.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just noticed a restock of the navy and khaki chinos, figured I'd give everyone the heads-up.

i am on the fence about which pair to get next, i have the khaki, not sure if i should go navy or OD.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Sorry about the delay with the special edition chino launch, we ended up short-handed this week and crazy busy in-store. We're doing Capsule on Monday and Tuesday, so we'll have them up on Wednesday or Thurs. Sorry for the wait!

In the meantime, we updated the site with our British Khaki and Navy restock. We've got all sizes available.

Thanks!

Rivet%20Khaki%20Fold%20Lo.jpg

EP's Rivet Chino British Khaki: $135

Rivet%20Chino%20Navy%20Lo.jpg

EP's Rivet Chino Navy: $135

cl smooth

Reaction score
sorry to bother you with an annoying sizing question, but what size chinos/trousers should I order if I'm a 30 in APC, 32 in Ironheart, generally a 31-32 in everything?

jaac

Reaction score
Do them in grey/slate !

asdf

Reaction score
get the hoyts up there so you can take my money please.

taaaake ittttt.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet

That's a great idea. For this Fall, we're going to do a special run of Flannel Walt & Rudy trousers that only have brace buttons - and include a set of braces.

For button location, Ask Andy has a long thread on it. Like a lot of classic menswear details, the exact location is up for debate:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...ly-to-Put-Them

For the button size, I'd recommend getting a pair of braces that you like first. Trafalgar makes a pretty solid pair for $50 if you want something basic:

http://www.trafalgarstore.com/item/H...n_6_Colors/552

After you get those, your tailor will know what button size to use.

If you get this done, please post some pics! I'd love to see the pants after the alteration.

Mike, thanks a lot for the info and the recommendation!
I'm currently abroad where I can buy quality buttons at reasonable prices, but I can't get my hands on the suspenders I'll be buying. That's why I'd like to find out the appropriate suspender button size.
Will buttons with the 15mm diameter OKay for most of suspenders on the market?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics