• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Gloomy day. Felt like a little gun club:

ce7a4dbe.jpg

374b6295.jpg

Teh froggers:
8b778bb0.jpg

I have never been a fan of this kind of coat. But you make it look terrific. Disappointed that there were no shots of the socks!

I had a great adventure in Denmark and Germany (Osnabruck, Bautzen, Wurzburg, Magdeburg, Leipzig, Dresden).

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
I think you painted your criticism with a really wide brush and it was terribly non-constructive-that is no way to post towards a new member. And then you used pictures of yourself to demonstrate what is "correct?" Give me a break.
I think the humor just flew right past you. Edit: I see that you noticed this. BTW I gave the newbie some tips i thought would be helpful, he seemed to genuinely want advice.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
I had a great adventure in Denmark and Germany (Osnabruck, Bautzen, Wurzburg, Magdeburg, Leipzig, Dresden).

Pics Pics Pics Pics
Pics Pics Pics Pics
Pics Pics Pics Pics
Pics Pics Pics Pics
Pics Pics Pics Pics
Pics Pics Pics Pics
Pics Pics Pics Pics

Oh btw - welcome back

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
I think the humor just flew right past you.

Edit: I see that you noticed this.

BTW I gave the newbie some tips i thought would be helpful, he seemed to genuinely want advice.

Yes, I noted that!

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
71puu8.jpg

I am totally diggin' that tie, especially the way it works with those shoes.

Gloomy day. Felt like a little gun club
There's a thread around here somewhere that could use your input on how to conceal a weapon with such a snug fit.

Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
I do not like either of your coats/suits. Also, the collars on your shirts and the way you've knotted your ties miss the mark. These are indeed mistakes a rookie would make.
I think you guys might each have half of an interlocking amulet.

Originally Posted by MrDaniels
I think you painted your criticism with a really wide brush and it was terribly non-constructive-that is no way to post towards a new member. And then you used pictures of yourself to demonstrate what is "correct?" Give me a break.
I thought he was being playfully facetious, no? Are you? I'm so confused.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by black_nostaljack
i1d8qd.jpg

Great debut.

Originally Posted by gnatty8
Geez, sorry Holdfast, but a rare miss on this one.

Yeah, I know. I wasn't even going to bother posting it but in the end thought what the hell. I was in a "sod it" sort of mood with clothes yesterday.

71puu8.jpg

Suit looks great here.

Teh froggers:
8b778bb0.jpg

Awesome links.

The collar tips on this shirt almost always curl. Sigh...

jul14002.jpg
jul14001.jpg

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
^^^^

I like it. I would have gone with a stronger/darker tie, though. It sort of gets lost in the light/the color of your pants & shirt.

I'm inclined to agree; this sort of shirt/tie combination is almost an elementary error (the fact that they are genuinely different colours notwithstanding). That sort of matching almost always requires stronger colours and/or stronger patterns, I feel

71puu8.jpg

My faith is rewarded

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Thanks Barims! It's actually a new tailor in New York at an affordable price. There are still some tweaks and I'd like to test things out a bit more with future commissions, but I won't keep it a secret forever. Glad you like it!

I'll be keeping an eye out. With the vogue for waisted looks, I think the straight fit you exemplify has become a little lost; certainly, the only well done examples I can bring to mind date back as late as 1973

Originally Posted by Fuuma

Pilati's YSL-channeling debut for Rive Gauche immediately springs to mind:

20f.jpg

Well played

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
I'll be keeping an eye out. With the vogue for waisted looks, I think the straight fit you exemplify has become a little lost; certainly, the only well done examples I can bring to mind date back as late as 1973

Thanks! It actually is a bit more waisted than the photo shows, but not as much as some of my HK stuff. It has a great "feel" to it though.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
The collar tips on this shirt almost always curl. Sigh...

jul14001.jpg

Very elegant, HF. What is the fabric?

I have the same problem with tips curling on some of my shirts also, cutaway collars in particular. Any idea of what causes this?
confused.gif

arc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
I'm inclined to agree; this sort of shirt/tie combination is almost an elementary error (the fact that they are genuinely different colours notwithstanding). That sort of matching almost always requires stronger colours and/or stronger patterns, I feel
It came through pretty terribly in the pictures (the third shot is closest to reality, but still a bit washed out), so it's not as bad as it looks there; however, I agree with this. Thanks for the feedback. I'm still very much a novice with tie matching.
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Sleepy, Lazy Taciturn Wednesday: [...] - B
Nice drape. A&S?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads