• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the double "poast"

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some quick iPhone shots from this week...

ab94617a.jpg
1e73d150.jpg

fcfc917e.jpg
81da7a70.jpg

4223a47f.jpg
0506cb96.jpg

^^^^
Oligatory ugly socks shot:

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arc
My first WAYWRN post.
blush.gif
The ladyfriend (not pictured, sorry gents) was graduating from university, so I went for something fairly low-key but still lively and appropriate for the surprisingly wonderful London summer weather. At least that was the goal. I can't decide if I succeeded. Thoughts?

Originally Posted by aeglus
[..]

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Gloomy day. Felt like a little gun club:

Dig all of this.
fing02[1].gif

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma

Yeah, I've seen the face I was making, quick shot so I kept it. Your loss :p

Jacket: Lanvin
Shirt: Stussy
belt: Sutor Mantellassi
Jeans: American Apparel
Shoes: some made to measure brown captoes

please post better pics of jacket and shoes

Originally Posted by arc
My first WAYWRN post.
blush.gif
The ladyfriend (not pictured, sorry gents) was graduating from university,

first rule of styleforum is to always post pics of university ladyfriends

71puu8.jpg

love the tie and I am sure the shoes will be loved here but you are going to have to wear that jacket buttoned on the top button (is it even possible?), it's just not doing you any favors as is. Looks very bottom heavy and too much shirt space up top.

arc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by landshark
Looks great. The camera doesn't pick up the color in your tie very well though. I would have gone with something with a bit more red/orange on the tie to balance with your shoes.
Yeah, good call. This was taken around midday and the sun was bright and direct. Really washed the shirt and tie out on the dodgy camera. I think it was a bit better in person, but I still could've improved it with something with a bit more contrast or color. Sweet jacket there, Spoo. Also digging Aeglus's tie and shoe combo with the new db suit. Definitely looks better with the nipple buttons gone.

oldog/oldtrix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by black_nostaljack
Hello everyone!....new fellow here. A little new to the style world. Here is my rookie work.
smile.gif

i1d8qd.jpg
[/IMG]

2yltjkn.jpg
[/IMG]

I do not like either of your coats/suits. Also, the collars on your shirts and the way you've knotted your ties miss the mark. These are indeed mistakes a rookie would make. Try something more like this:

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I like what I see here, but would have liked a full shot to pull all of the elements together. The gunboats are fine, and the bow suits the outfit well. Good stuff!

Thanks, Gnatty. I need to figure out some way to get full shots.

Mike

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
71puu8.jpg

rgz2h3.jpg

1603qti.jpg

Well, I like it better in this shot than before. I like those shoes alot.

ce7a4dbe.jpg

374b6295.jpg

Where the hell are you that you can wear a heavy SC like that today? I like it though!

Mike

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
I do not like either of your coats/suits. Also, the collars on your shirts and the way you've knotted your ties miss the mark. These are indeed mistakes a rookie would make. Try something more like this:

I think you painted your criticism with a really wide brush and it was terribly non-constructive-that is no way to post towards a new member. And then you used pictures of yourself to demonstrate what is "correct?" Give me a break.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Well, I like it better in this shot than before. I like those shoes alot.

Where the hell are you that you can wear a heavy SC like that today? I like it though!

Mike

I get the impression that Spoo does not sweat, fart or burp. And that all garbage and dog-crap magically floats away as he walks down the sidewalk.

Bentley

Reaction score

ce7a4dbe.jpg

374b6295.jpg

Teh froggers:
8b778bb0.jpg

Looks great. I love how your outfit pulls all of the blue colours together.

What about your socks though? You've denied us our daily opportunity to rail against your choice in hosiery. I can only conclude that today's socks must be particularly awful- I'm guessing white socks to add a Michael Jackson touch to the outfit??

smile.gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
I think you painted your criticism with a really wide brush and it was terribly non-constructive-that is no way to post towards a new member. And then you used pictures of yourself to demonstrate what is "correct?" Give me a break.

I am quite sure he was joking, since he ties his ties the exact same way.
laugh.gif

Mike

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels

I think you missed that he posted basically the same two rigs as the new poster did. His post was tongue in cheek.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I think you missed that he posted basically the same two rigs as the new poster did. His post was tongue in cheek.
Ooops, MY BAD!!!! I am officially the Asshole of the Day, and my apologies to olddog. In my defense, I was a little edgy due to the way people were treating a newbie in this thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=189382

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads