• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finamore Napoli v. Barba

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JASONBLOOD
first of all, Ian doesnt always get the sleeve lengths right. Second, Finamore is suuuch a better shirt than Barba or Borrelli or Fray. I am 6'2" 180 these shirts are perfect. Nothing compares. Nothing. I have a large collection (7 so far this month) of panties to prove it, not to be vulgar...

How much extra do the girls charge for that?...

Wicky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
Finamore panties?

Are they MTM?

He collects panties from very large women and has Finamore make shirts out of them, notthing out of the ordinary....
lol8[1].gif

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I´m going tomorrow to a shop that does Barba MTM.

Honestly I love Finamore but as he refused to do mtm for me, I would like to know how is Barba.

Their black label is 180 euros , I assume mtm would be around 200 or so.

How is Barba compared to Finamore , both wide spread collar. How is the interlining, the fit, the fabrics and the handwork on those?

Thanks

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
Honestly I love Finamore but as he refused to do mtm for me

Why would Andrea or Simone refuse your MTM order??

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i have two barba shirts in navy. both from Ian. they are the slimmest (without going nonsensical slim like some shirts i bought from yoox and so forth that went all back. they dont even fit even for their size 16)

the shirts are cut very beautifully. the barbas really accentuate the male torso and is very flattering when your correct size. hand work is there but im not as big on handwork and construction as i am on fit and look.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
medtech_expat;3407539 said:
Why would Andrea or Simone refuse your MTM order??[/QUOTE

I don´t know, this has been widely talked on the shirt p o r n thread.

He did a spare collar for me to replace a non wide spread one RTW from him, top service!! , But never sent me the cotton samples he told me he would. I guess I sent him so many emails remembering that and asking technical questions as why in neapolitan shirts the second button( high breast one ) is not at the same distance as on non neapolitan etc that he could think I was some spy from Zara or whatever. He asked me to go Naples instead...
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

My plan was to ask him around 6 to 10 mtm shirts per year so I don´t understand him.

I would like to know, honest. As I got several Finamores and love them, I´ll put one in a box tomorrow to have it copied by Barba. I don´t have other solution...

What do you guess ?

Thanks

Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i have two barba shirts in navy. both from Ian. they are the slimmest (without going nonsensical slim like some shirts i bought from yoox and so forth that went all back. they dont even fit even for their size 16)

the shirts are cut very beautifully. the barbas really accentuate the male torso and is very flattering when your correct size. hand work is there but im not as big on handwork and construction as i am on fit and look.

The fit would be perfect as they would be mtm, also here in the mediterranean the shops buy only the slimmest fashion forward lines so they might fit me perfect, not as those huge ones I got from the states as we talked. In fact I got one rtw from an italian brand , xacus that fits me better than some mtm ones.

Both fit and look but with handwork for 180 would be great but I´ve been told that line is machine made.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just came from the city.

I tried a Barba shirt, awesome fit , makes you look more muscular and macho , as the real slim italian fit.

The problem was that the collar hanged me, I showed them one of my finamores in 15.5. Perhaps the Barbas rtw fabric, was too carton like or the interlining was too strong.

I tried a Brioni suit tagged 2500 euros on the same shop and was awful, even worst than some Zegnas. I tried a 200 euros unstructured suit on another shop than fitted me perfect.

I bought 2 shirts and a knit triangled knit italian tie. I´ll post pictures tomorrow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads