• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
There isn't. It is just that I have noticed that you have become more critical as of late, and have posted your own fits much less. I like your fits, so I was wondering what is going on.

Speaking of critics, where is PG? Wasn't he supposed to take up the mantle of self-appointed WAYRN critic? LOL.

Mike

Per the lack of posting - i think i explained a while back that it was a combination of the world cup, the wife hogging the camera for photography classes and just being fairly busy at work. All the pics i've posted in the last few weeks have been iPhone shots by one of my co-workers.

Maybe i'll have him snap a pic to appease all ye sartorially sensitive gods ... lol.

tricota

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butler
Yes, that's the old school!
BTW do you know how many Danish SF's there are?

Only a few, and most of them in the street wear...

Sorry for the late reply...
smile.gif

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm always glad to see Spoo's Tom Ford-era Gucci lapels

Originally Posted by aeglus
Actually agreed that he didn't look good but my reasoning was that it exaggerated the wrong proportions on him, which are the exact proportions I need exaggerated.

I appreciate all the honest comments and will be taking it back for some waist suppression in both the jacket and trousers, and likely moving a couple buttons slightly. May as well get a list of what else I may as well fix. Here's the pic at the tailor's (taken when I got it, photoshopped the two top buttons out) which probably has a better camera angle. Didn't post it before since I won't be wearing it with these items.

11b5e8l.jpg

Effendi, all I can add to the chorus of everyone else on this is that I suspect you're really a 6x4 jacket fellow; it would make you look even more refined

However this suit turns out, the process is always eye-opening and I'm certain that your future efforts will turn out to be rather special, since you already have your aesthetic down pat

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
While not today, but from recently at my sister's wedding.

34160_687213546405_2401776_38825486_7785730_n.jpg

David, this has a good body fit. I take it that's an Asian commission?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not exactly a tailored look today, but what the hell, I'll post it...
laugh.gif
jul13001.jpg

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
David, this has a good body fit. I take it that's an Asian commission?

Thanks Barims! It's actually a new tailor in New York at an affordable price. There are still some tweaks and I'd like to test things out a bit more with future commissions, but I won't keep it a secret forever. Glad you like it!

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Love the outfit, Mike. Black longwings with nantucket red is a great combination.

Thanks!

Mike

zeero3

Reaction score
70ºF in SF. Went on a job interview. Came home, and think the proportions need adjusting. Want honest critiquing if possible. Otherwise, a quick glimpse and "meh" is fine with me.

5'7" and 150ish.

White BB OCBD
- I've heard nothing but good things about these shirts as a staple. I don't have much and can only compare it to the TM Lewins I have. The actual shirt itself is nice, but the fit is not as flattering as I thought it would be. Shortest sleeve length was 32" and these look WAY too long--to the tailor they will go. Also, I would rather this shirt was darted instead of the pleat up near the shoulders that billows out somewhat at the mid-back.
Charcoal wool trousers
- Opinions on the break and cuff compared to my leg proportion and height? Chose 1.5" cuffs, but have been fine with having no cuffs. Tried this to see how it looks, and it feels "alright."
Gray/white herringbone jacket
- I like the fit of this. I know the picture doesn't seem to show much detail on how it fits the waist, but think it's right where I want it.
AE Leeds (bought from a SF'er and I am happy I got em)
Burgundy silk knit with cream "thingies"
Pink gingham square

I know I wrote too much, but I would appreciate tips on how I'm doing so far. Thanks in advance.
IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zeero3
70ºF in SF. Went on a job interview. Came home, and think the proportions need adjusting. Want honest critiquing if possible. Otherwise, a quick glimpse and "meh" is fine with me.

5'7" and 150ish.

White BB OCBD
- I've heard nothing but good things about these shirts as a staple. I don't have much and can only compare it to the TM Lewins I have. The actual shirt itself is nice, but the fit is not as flattering as I thought it would be. Shortest sleeve length was 32" and these look WAY too long--to the tailor they will go. Also, I would rather this shirt was darted instead of the pleat up near the shoulders that billows out somewhat at the mid-back.
Charcoal wool trousers
- Opinions on the break and cuff compared to my leg proportion and height? Chose 1.5" cuffs, but have been fine with having no cuffs. Tried this to see how it looks, and it feels "alright."
Gray/white herringbone jacket
- I like the fit of this. I know the picture doesn't seem to show much detail on how it fits the waist, but think it's right where I want it.
AE Leeds (bought from a SF'er and I am happy I got em)
Burgundy silk knit with cream "thingies"
Pink gingham square

I know I wrote too much, but I would appreciate tips on how I'm doing so far. Thanks in advance.
IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

What kind of a job were you applying for? No offense, you look like you are dressed to be a professor. Pretty much nothing you have on falls within the usual standards of what is recommended for an interview outfit. Give us some more information and hopefully we can help you.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Yeah, I've seen the face I was making, quick shot so I kept it. Your loss :p

Jacket: Lanvin
Shirt: Stussy
belt: Sutor Mantellassi
Jeans: American Apparel
Shoes: some made to measure brown captoes

zeero3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
What kind of a job were you applying for? No offense, you look like you are dressed to be a professor. Pretty much nothing you have on falls within the usual standards of what is recommended for an interview outfit. Give us some more information and hopefully we can help you.

LOL, aww that's cold. Wearing a suit to this interview would have been overkill, just take my word for it. Seeking advice on the professor look I guess. Regardless what I wore it for, I'm seeking advice strictly on the fit of what I have on.

Schorsch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zeero3
LOL, aww that's cold. Wearing a suit to this interview would have been overkill, just take my word for it. Seeking advice on the professor look I guess. Regardless what I wore it for, I'm seeking advice strictly on the fit of what I have on.

I hear you. Suited up iGents on this forum might not understand the murky, tie-less world many of us live in. I think you might be, like me, trying to walk the line between being so dressed up you look like you don't belong, and succumbing to the decayed state of men's clothing in this country. Here's hoping your new job doesn't require a polo shirt with an embroidered logo.

A critique: the fit looks good overall. It's a bit looser, and more break on the trousers than some would like, but it's not sloppy. The sleeves are definitely too long, but as they are bunched up in the photo they end about where they should. The collar looks too tight, though. The "roll" around the tie is creased by the tight fit. I don't like the pocket square and tie combo. No solid rule, but pink and burgundy are a bit too close to offset each other. They just don't seem to go together. A white square would be the standard interviewee recommendation.

Reaction score
Hello everyone!....new fellow here. A little new to the style world. Here is my rookie work.
smile.gif

i1d8qd.jpg
[/IMG]

2yltjkn.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads