• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Death or This God-awful threak?

bBoy JEe

Reaction score
Why are you hating on traditional Inuit culture... are they not people too?

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Question. Is all of this an issue principally because these animals are cute? What if they were ugly and disgusting?

Who speaks for the cockroach, for example. Or the rat? Every year ugly commercial exterminators like Orkin, Terminix and Truly Nolen destroy untold millions of cockroaches, silverfish, ants, mice, rats and other household wildlife. Typically, these animals are destroyed merely for sport or for the convenience of the homeowner. No use is even made of their remains. They are not used for food or clothing, but their helpless bodies simply discarded on the whims of their murderers.

Stop this senseless murder. Roaches are one of earth's most ancient lifeforms. They were here before we were, yet we kill them as if they were meaningless. Roaches are people too.

Stop the madness.

Not every animal in the animal kingdom is equivalent, or else humans and insects would be on the same level.

What is "cute" by the way and what qualifies as cute?

Rats are saved too

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
Not every animal in the animal kingdom is equivalent, or else humans and insects would be on the same level.

What is "cute" by the way and what qualifies as cute?

Rats are saved too

Important tip n00B, don't feed the trolls.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FUR TRADE, DEATH TRADE

China supplies over half of America's fur, much of it is mislabeled when it is really cat or dog fur. The animals undergo unimaginable suffering, including being skinned alive.

Over two million dogs and cats are killed every year for their fur.

You can help by not supporting the industry by avoiding fur products. Spread awareness of the issue and urge action to be taken. Humans are their biggest threat, but people are their only hope.

2007219paoladogsincage.jpg

dogfurtrade20275x230.jpg

dogsjumbledincagecaafth.jpg

2163394f248.jpg

2163636f248.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
stop all of this bullshit, nobody here besides KWilk clubs seals nor condones the activity. And nobody here actively supports the animal cruelty in the fur trade. And for your argument of necessity - the inits eat those out of necessity and have for thousands of years. Unless, of course, you have more of your weird proof that tomatoes grow in the arctic circle.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
stop all of this bullshit, nobody here besides KWilk clubs seals nor condones the activity. And nobody here actively supports the animal cruelty in the fur trade. And for your argument of necessity - the inits eat those out of necessity and have for thousands of years. Unless, of course, you have more of your weird proof that tomatoes grow in the arctic circle.

Not saying anyone supports it, just bringing light to the issues.

If it's out of necessity, it shouldn't be a problem. It's about the 150,000+ baby seals killed every year for fur that is the issue.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not saying anyone supports it, just bringing light to the issues.

If it's out of necessity, it shouldn't be a problem. It's about the 150,000+ baby seals killed every year for fur that is the issue.

You buy and sell leather shoes. Cows are more like persons than baby seals, no? Hypocrite.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not every animal in the animal kingdom is equivalent, or else humans and insects would be on the same level. What is "cute" by the way and what qualifies as cute? Rats are saved too
And we're on a higher level than dolphins, therefore we can do with them as we please. Thank you for helping our case
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Important tip n00B, don't feed the trolls.
? He is the troll in this threak.
Not saying anyone supports it, just bringing light to the issues. If it's out of necessity, it shouldn't be a problem. It's about the 150,000+ baby seals killed every year for fur that is the issue.
Dumbfuck apeshit marsupial cooltrucker.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
changing font size and color is usually the first sign of the end.... just sayin'

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
You buy and sell leather shoes. Cows are more like persons than baby seals, no? Hypocrite.
exactly

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Superfluous Man
Can't tell if this is Peta2.com or Styleforum.

Actually Peta2 is targeted toward a younger audience, it would be more like peta.org. I hear animal rights support is stylish, just like environmentalism.

Originally Posted by IUtoSLU

I'm not claiming veganism. Though the leather industry has faults, it is not to the extent of the fur industry (which is why you see much more on fur than leather). There's no "more like persons". They can be more intelligent or aware, but I haven't found many studies on seal and cow cognitive abilities. If you could provide some, I'd be interested. It would be hypocritical if I were using fur, which I don't do.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
BTW, personhood as a philosophical concept is most likely derived from personhood as a category in Roman law.

This thread is producing intellectual starvation. I am going to re-read Charlotte's Web.

+1. Oink. Why do I read these threads?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads