• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best cheap clothing item you ever bought

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$15 AE black dress shoes
$25 H&M light gray jeans, they're like the only pants that look good with my designer knits.
$10 merona tees - great fit
$40 Spiewak bomber flight jacket

coonky

Reaction score
$10 Armani Exchange fake leather pants my roomate bought for me. They are a hit at parties.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
apcs
uniqlo socks

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GAT's

APC Raw's

White T's

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend snagged me a perfect fitting blazer that originally sold at Barneys from some Italian maker....

Cost? 5 US Dollars, and it literally fit so perfectly I think I will model all future blazers after it tailoring-wise. Perfection

Also I love my black Levis 511s so much, I bought 2 pairs

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
$3 V neck grey t-shirt from H&M with chest pocket (on sale). I got it like 5 years ago and it is still the best fitting tee I have ever owned. It is the right weight (not too heavy or too thin). I deeply regret only getting one because I never found the exact same shirt again from there. If I could back in time I would have purchased 25 and be set for life.

I have the same experience with a pair of orange pants from H&M á fl. 30,- or about $ 15.-. Worn for about five years most days in the week.

With that in mind it's probably for the best that I only bought one pair.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Used leather jacket with ripped zipper at a Salvation Army store. $10. + another $5 to have my tailor put on a new zipper. That jacket's still going strong after a decade and it effing rules.

Damn, I overpaid. I paid $20 to have a new zipper put in my vintage leather jacket...

Which is a nice piece. Nice high armholes and a motion back, so it's really easy to move around in without pulling everywhere. Great pocket setup for me too.

But the best cheap clothing that I bought new (ie, not thirft, b/c that stuff's not really 'cheap clothing', it's expensive stuff I bought cheap) would have to be my Lee regulars -brag all you want about your expensive ****, but they fit me damn well and I have a pairs that are several years old and still going strong, while all the expensive stuff people post on here suffers from crotch blowouts and the like. Either that or the Kohls Sonoma brand cords from a few seasons ago before they widened the leg to what it is on the house cords now. Nice lighter weight cord fabric and some nice colors on those.

HM: The Sonoma brand canvas work jacket I got a few years back. Warm and tough, but it did have a few issues that I had to fix myself before regular wear.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Not surprising that H&M and Uniqlo are coming up most often as retailers with Hanes undershirts as a popular cheap item.

Throw another SF favorite out there: Uniqlo oxfords for $20. Never had a better casual button down that lasted as long.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
Damn, I overpaid. I paid $20 to have a new zipper put in my vintage leather jacket...

Which is a nice piece. Nice high armholes and a motion back, so it's really easy to move around in without pulling everywhere. Great pocket setup for me too.

But the best cheap clothing that I bought new (ie, not thirft, b/c that stuff's not really 'cheap clothing', it's expensive stuff I bought cheap) would have to be my Lee regulars -brag all you want about your expensive ****, but they fit me damn well and I have a pairs that are several years old and still going strong, while all the expensive stuff people post on here suffers from crotch blowouts and the like. Either that or the Kohls Sonoma brand cords from a few seasons ago before they widened the leg to what it is on the house cords now. Nice lighter weight cord fabric and some nice colors on those.

HM: The Sonoma brand canvas work jacket I got a few years back. Warm and tough, but it did have a few issues that I had to fix myself before regular wear.

Lee Regulars are the ****. I got 2 pairs for work, and you are right... they are durable as ****. If they made them with a significantly lower rise (I believe they come up past my belly button as is) I would wear them as regular clothing. From the crotch down they fit BETTER than my APC NSs

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two H&M slim-fit chinos for 10€/$12.50 each.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads