• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrackedCrab
J. Gilbert limited run NST #8 on Plaza, single oiled flex? sole. Really love the fit and sole on these.
I am not a NST fan but I do like these a lot. Love them with the jeans.
fing02[1].gif

Actually, it just may be because I have seen a lot more pictures of Alden NST's than any other but the only ones I have liked have been Alden.
Originally Posted by darnold
Very interesting: http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...lden/20853.jsp
This is great news. There should be a time in the future where you can pick them up on sale.
smile.gif

They do have the speed hooks which I am not a fan of at this time though.
frown.gif

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saracen
has anyone had any experience with this seller on ebay: daboss2222

That's ol' Rebel222 on the SF - an excellent seller.

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tahonng
The Bureau has these, wish they had these in the US, in the Alden store in NY and in my size. Love the combo of the #8 and natural oak soles.
ald10.jpg

Those are cigar shell. Available at Shoemart. Cigar is the best shell variant, definitely. They do say #8, though, and they are awesome. I am skeptical because I have heard Alden does not make a #8 shoe with a natural edging (but then again, why?).

tahonng

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roguls
Those are cigar shell. Available at Shoemart. Cigar is the best shell variant, definitely.

They do say #8, though, and they are awesome. I am skeptical because I have heard Alden does not make a #8 shoe with a natural edging (but then again, why?).

It says on the site that this was done made to order for The Bureau. I'm guessing that means the combo of the natural edging and that color (#8/cigar).

blynch

Reaction score
my second pair of aldens, may seem become an addict... PTB Chromexcel AWW purchased from interlockingny 10D barrie, get more heel lift than my pair of 10E copleys, but a pretty good fit for not trying before buying. Might have to add a heel pad.
AldenAWWPTB004.jpg
AldenAWWPTB006.jpg
AldenAWWPTB009.jpg

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
my second pair of aldens, may seem become an addict...
PTB Chromexcel AWW purchased from interlockingny
10D barrie, get more heel lift than my pair of 10E copleys, but a pretty good fit for not trying before buying. Might have to add a heel pad.

Alden's = Addicting.
laugh.gif

But I like those. For khaki's and jeans more than slacks though.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
yea, will probably be a go to jeans shoe for me. I just happened to have slacks on when I opened the box today.
I've been there!
laugh.gif

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Those are sweet, AlanC. One of these days I will order my own. Still made on the Trubalance last?

mbrokerny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Just received my Roy pre-orders from Context, they are easily the best looking pair of boots I own. The pull-up leather is amazing.
bounce2.gif

I haven't had a chance to take any shots yet as the UPS man literally just delivered them, but I'll post some soon. If you've been thinking about picking a pair of these up, do it. I was on the fence and am so happy that I pulled the trigger on them...

Please post pics!

bizzblar

Reaction score
just received my new pair of 405s. are great looking boots but i did have a question about the stitching on the sole. on the left side of both boots, the stitching clearly goes off the "stitching track" on the sole, and on the right boot starts to slightly go onto the lateral surface of the sole and is slightly frayed.

obviously hard to describe without pics, but was wondering if these irregularities are normal or if i should return them for another pair. they are of course barely noticeable to anyone not looking for it but very noticeable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads