• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first Modern Tailor Shirt - Updated

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Emma, your colleague Dave and Caitlin are already aware of this and working on it now. I believe we have already reached some form of agreement.

Nonetheless, I've also sent you a copy of my exchange with them to the given email above, just to keep you in the loop.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth
...a major advantage over Jantzen is their customer service, timing of delivery and a very easy to use website.

Understatment of the year.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted to tie up the loose ends and give MT credit for making amends so I am posting updates here. I received my new replacement (basically using different fabrics) and I am very pleased with the outcome. The stitching this time is neat, no loose thread or pinholes, thankfully. Shipping was quick.
moderntailor.jpg
The ice blue oxford cloth is probably my favorite of the bunch. It looks like they have improved their quality checks. I would certainly order again.

Yika

Reaction score
always good to see things turning out this way.

Contango

Reaction score
Glad to hear it.

What fabric number is the ice blue Oxford?

kraftar

Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked out. I'm in a similar situation (mistake on an order) but I sent the shirts back... hopefully they send my new shirts soon.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Contango
What fabric number is the ice blue Oxford?

I believe that would be R15. It is really a royal oxford, I have been searching for the lightest blue like this for a long time, you might not share my enthusiasm, especially since it wrinkles rather easily.

Stylego

Reaction score
I ordered one of their $19 shirts, got a little crazy with upgrades and ended up at about $ 50...bit of a mistake. I patterned off a slim fit shirt that needed just a bit more room in the neck and through the body, adding an inch in the chest, waist, and just a bit at the neck. I'm not sure how I messed up the measurements but the shirt I got is much smaller than the original, can't get it around my middle aged belly and it is too small to button at the neck. Bit disappointed...if I do this again, I'll keep it cheap.

dastardlydandy

Reaction score
Stylego I also ordered a test shirt and had a similar problem, I slimmed up a few parts but the tolerance they added made it ridiculously small. Which is weird because reading their sizing guide if you take measurements from a good fitting shirt they say they don't add the sizing allowance for body size. My biggest problem is the half bicept - it's about 4cm smaller than ordered resulting in a sleeve that is closer to a tourniquet at the forearm. I'm in the middle of attempting to resolve it, but if they want me to pay for shipping to return it, to then tell me it's somehow my fault (even though I sent pictures with a measuring tape over it and the shirt I took measurements from - so you could see the discrepancy) I think I'd rather eat the $30 and just not mess with it again... it was a complete disaster for a test in my opinion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads