• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgia

Reaction score
Originally Posted by floors to go
Heres the pics of the Nettletons I found a few days ago

Too small for me (8D), hopefully someone will want to trade, if not guess they are going to ebay.

Those are extremely nice. Very well done.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a bigger guy, I don't find too many suits that fit me. This one must have been made for my body doppleganger. A Hickey-Freeman Boardroom Collection, Loro Piana Zealander, two button that won't need so much as an adjustment to the sleeves, waist or inseam. Its freakin' perfect and very recent. $.99!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

leito

Reaction score
Picked up a HF boardroom navy pinstripe suit, charcoal windowpane orphaned jacket, and a thomas pink shirt today. The jackets fit perfectly (except for sleeve length), but unfortunately the pants are too tight and don't have enough room to be let out. Here's the flannel charcoal jacket:

whenwe

Reaction score
Hey guys, Went to the local goodwill today and found a great suit in my size perfect fit. It says it's YSL but for some reason I have my doubts. These are the only identifying tags it has:
2lu30he.jpg
8z1c2b.jpg
Can anyone discern from these pictures if we are talking about an authentic YSL suit? It really doesn't matter a whole lot since it appears to be well made, and fits perfectly and generally looks nice, and was only 10$! Oops sorry about the giant pics!

whenwe

Reaction score
Yeah I assumed it wasn't Rive Gauche since the cut isn't as 70's YSL type, but yeah not bad for $10

lynch_king

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
^^ It's the old licensed stuff. Quality is nowhere near the new Rive Gauche line. Since it fits well, for $10 it's an alright deal.

how do you tell the difference?

stayclassy

Reaction score
Today i got: Red Hermes Tie - $2 Red/Blue Dior Tie - $4 Yellow/Red (butterfly like pattern) Ferragamo Tie - $10 Ralph Lauren Robe and Pj's - $12 White/Black Jos. A Bank Suit - $6 Hugo Boss Button up Ralph Lauren Button up Brooks Brothers Button up shirts were $5 each and a bunch of assorted slacks that i will cutoff to make into shorts.. as i find this very comfy
smile.gif

PhilGreen

Reaction score
never been worn polo belt $2:
DSCN0787.jpg
Vintage Gucci tie $2:
DSCN0773.jpg
Cable and Co. captoes $6
DSCN0763.jpg
Zegna Sportcoat:
DSCN0781.jpg
DSCN0777.jpg

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Careful of those Zegna tags. That one indicates that the jacket is made from Zegna fabric, not that it was made by Zegna. That's not to say it isn't a nice, well-made jacket, but you have to look at the construction to know whether it is or not.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stayclassy
Today i got:
Red Hermes Tie - $2
Red/Blue Dior Tie - $4
Yellow/Red (butterfly like pattern) Ferragamo Tie - $10
Ralph Lauren Robe and Pj's - $12
White/Black Jos. A Bank Suit - $6
Hugo Boss Button up
Ralph Lauren Button up
Brooks Brothers Button up
shirts were $5 each
and a bunch of assorted slacks that i will cutoff to make into shorts.. as i find this very comfy
smile.gif

stayclassy
rimshot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics