• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GTF in HERE if you're sick of the "LeBron Sweepstakes"

bdbb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
How come wade is somehow more a winner and competitor the past 3 seasons since he won a title?

Dwayne Wade lead a 52-30 Heat team to victory over a heavily favored 60-22 Mavericks team while averaging 34.6 ppg in the finals and winning the finals MVP. Lefraud James quit on his team because Delonte West fucked his mom and he's been knocked out of the playoffs several times when his team has been favored to win. He had teams that won 61 and 66 games and couldn't even take them to the finals because he cracked under pressure. Wade's teams in comparison have been pretty bad since they won the title. They only won fifteen games the year he was out. I guarantee you the Cavs will win more than that this year.

Yet even though Wade was on a bad team, he stayed loyal, stuck it out, and improved his team. Whereas Lefraud was on the best team in the league and yet eagerly runs off to be Wade's little ***** instead of stepping up his own game and being a leader. Lebron flat out told us that he's not a competitor, that he can't handle a situation where there's "pressure to score 30 every night." Can you imagine Kobe, Jordan, Dream, etc saying something like that? The true greats are competitive, Lebron wants the easy way out.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdbb
Can you imagine Kobe, Jordan, Dream, etc saying something like that? The true greats are competitive, Lebron wants the easy way out.

Uhh, Shaq (and great supporting cast), Pippen, kaj... are you ******* insane?

Did Lebron have anyone playing at that level on the Cavs?

bdbb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Uhh, Shaq (and great supporting cast), Pippen, kaj... are you ******* insane?

Did Lebron have anyone playing at that level on the Cavs?

Did Jordan start with a great team? Or did he start with 3 seasons winning 40 games or less, spend the next 3 getting knocked out before the finals, and then eventually build his team into a champion and win 3 straight finals? Right at the juncture of his career where Jordan stepped up proved himself to be the greatest, Lebron put his tail between his legs and ran off to be Dwade's *****. He's a ***** with no heart. Again, tell me a time when MJ, Dream, Bird, Kobe, etc have whined about "the pressure." Dream won a title with Otis ******* Thorpe as the second best player on his squad. It would be one thing if Lebron was in the twilight of his career moving to a contender to try to get one ring before he retired, but he's giving up in his prime. He's like Tracy McGrady with a good pair of knees.

sunror

Reaction score
Did Jordan start with a great team? Or did he start with 3 seasons winning 40 games or less, spend the next 3 getting knocked out before the finals, and then eventually build his team into a champion and win 3 straight finals? Right at the juncture of his career where Jordan stepped up proved himself to be the greatest, Lebron put his tail between his legs and ran off to be Dwade's *****. He's a ***** with no heart. Again, tell me a time when MJ, Dream, Bird, Kobe, etc have whined about "the pressure." Dream won a title with Otis ******* Thorpe as the second best player on his squad. It would be one thing if Lebron was in the twilight of his career moving to a contender to try to get one ring before he retired, but he's giving up in his prime. He's like Tracy McGrady with a good pair of knees.

almost total nonsense.

jordan got pippen and grant his fourth year in the league. lebron role players.

by his seventh year in the league, pippen developed into an allstar, and grant developed into a borderline allstar/top defensive pf. lebron's role players stayed role players.

jordan won a title his seventh year in the league. lebron didn't. why? because of the players around them.

the cavs had seven years to acquire the necessary players. they didn't do it. rightly, he moved on.

bdbb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sunror
almost total nonsense.

jordan got pippen and grant his fourth year in the league. lebron role players.

by his seventh year in the league, pippen developed into an allstar, and grant developed into a borderline allstar/top defensive pf. lebron's role players stayed role players.

jordan won a title his seventh year in the league. lebron didn't. why? because of the players around them.

the cavs had seven years to acquire the necessary players. they didn't do it. rightly, he moved on.

Sure, sure, Lebron only has "role players" even though Antawn Jamison has better stats and has been in more all star games than Horace Grant. Keep distorting the facts all you want, Lebron is still a *****.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2010.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1991.html

Looks like the players around them were pretty similar. Both teams were good enough to win exactly 61 games. The difference is that one star stepped up when it mattered, and the other quit. Go rewatch some of those games, Lebron gave up at critical moments.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, sure, Lebron only has "role players" even though Antawn Jamison has better stats and has been in more all star games than Horace Grant. Keep distorting the facts all you want, Lebron is still a *****. http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2010.html http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1991.html Looks like the players around them were pretty similar. Both teams were good enough to win exactly 61 games. The difference is that one star stepped up when it mattered, and the other quit. Go rewatch some of those games, Lebron gave up at critical moments.
It's pretty alarming that you would compare those teams to the Cavs. Every single one of them had great supporting players. Ok **** Horace Grant. Scotty ******* Pippen, top 50 of all time on any list. Exactly how many of those does Lebron have? Kobe/Shaq and a very good supporting cast... Sampson and Drexler for Dream. You make no sense. The people you mentioned played alongside legends. Exactly how many of those did Lebron play with?

sunror

Reaction score
Sure, sure, Lebron only has "role players" even though Antawn Jamison has better stats and has been in more all star games than Horace Grant. Keep distorting the facts all you want, Lebron is still a *****.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2010.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1991.html

Looks like the players around them were pretty similar. Both teams were good enough to win exactly 61 games. The difference is that one star stepped up when it mattered, and the other quit. Go rewatch some of those games, Lebron gave up at critical moments.

yes, but #1 jamison is a worse defender than grant

#2 lebron had jamison for only ONE season, an that wasn't even a full season

and, most importantly, #3 lebron DIDN'T HAVE A PIPPEN, at all, ever.

like i said before, what you said is almost complete nonsense. your second post doesn't disprove it.

Valor

Reaction score
Lebron would have been an idiot if he stayed with the Cavs, that's basically burning money.

-Newest Miami Heat fan.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL at the shaq acquisition and subsequent loss of bronbron. cavs gonna be a mess.

bdbb

Reaction score
It's pretty alarming that you would compare those teams to the Cavs. Every single one of them had great supporting players. Ok **** Horace Grant. Scotty ******* Pippen, top 50 of all time on any list. Exactly how many of those does Lebron have? Kobe/Shaq and a very good supporting cast... Sampson and Drexler for Dream.

You make no sense. The people you mentioned played alongside legends. Exactly how many of those did Lebron play with?

http://www.nba.com/history/50greatest.html

Where is Horace Grant?

Dream did NOT have sampson or drexler when he won his first title. Get your history straight. You Lebron apologists are forced to lie because the truth reveals that your emperor has no clothes. Oh, and BTW, Dream's second title was won with a 47-35 sixth seed team that had Drexler on the downside of his career. Lebron couldn't do it with a 66 win team. ROFL. No heart.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.nba.com/history/50greatest.html

Where is Horace Grant?

Dream did NOT have sampson or drexler when he won his first title. Get your history straight. You Lebron apologists are forced to lie because the truth reveals that your emperor has no clothes. Oh, and BTW, Dream's second title was won with a 47-35 sixth seed team that had Drexler on the downside of his career. Lebron couldn't do it with a 66 win team. ROFL. No heart.

Can you ******* read? I said "**** horace grant", as in, ok forget him. When did he have a Pippen, or an O'Neal.

Dream played on very good teams in 94 and 95. Horry was on ******* fire, Otis Thorpe was an all-star, Elie (clutch as hell, kiss of death anyone?) until he left.... I mean come on man.

Lebron was never on any of these kinds of teams. I can guarantee that next year he's going to put up monster stats and you'll eat your words.

rolling green

Reaction score
Living next to Toni Kukoc I've spent many hours picking his brain. Whenever I asked him about jordan you could see the competitive side of Toni wanting to say something bad (jealous) about MJ but never could. He definitely made it clear that MJ was a great leader and always lived up to the pressure.

Sure MJ had pip and hogrant but do you remember how bad pip and hogrant were? I remember reading many articles and interviews with bulls team mates crying how MJ was too tough on them. Even Bill Cartwright said that and believe me bill's a tough dude. Fights would break out in practice because MJ meant business. Bottom line is MJ made his team mates better whether they like to admit it or not. He pushed them hard and would not let them lose. Would jordan be jordan without pip, grant? Of course not but I promise you pip and grant would hardly be all stars without MJ.

Honestly, Lebron has yet to prove anything except the fact that he quit on his team. This entire conversation or argument is pointless because Lebron at this point has ABSOLUTELY nothing to stand on. He's done nothing in the watered down NBA and he's obviously not a leader. He's a spoiled child in a freak of nature body. His legacy has yet to be written but I think we can all agree on one thing, MJ would never quit or take the easy way out.

twotrey

Reaction score
I laugh at all the Lebron hate. People rag on him for lacking a championship...

I have seen Lebron James play in person about 20 times in various cities. He has the ability to completely take over a game... When people question his "drive" or "leadership" I honestly have to wonder wtf they are talking about. Do you know Lebron or something?

I am not a LeBron fan simply because I don't like his style of play. But there is no denying he is one of the greatest today. He can be unstoppable.

However, watching Cleveland's last playoff game, the look of fear in his eyes shows that despite his immense power and talent he has little heart when it matters most.

My only question is: why is he so scared? It's just basketball...

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Ok **** Horace Grant. Scotty ******* Pippen, top 50 of all time on any list.
No, **** you! Pippen/Grant was the best two player combo on NBA Jam TE motherfucker.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads