• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Station

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
r25a0w.jpg
35ldlih.jpg
2m804up.jpg
29nxsgi.jpg

The lapels and buttoning point are kind of a mess, unfortunately. Two lowest buttons need more space between them. There's not enough overlap as a result. Your right lapel is appearing far too low. Shouldn't make an appearance from beneath your left until just above the second button, at least. Works better without the two nipple buttons, that's for sure. Seems too boxy for bespoke, as well.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rada
PS that's a fine looking Taylor you've got there... my Gibson J 45 is back in the states waiting for me
smile.gif

3802719094_84c3d91b7a_m.jpg

Sweet! If you need someone to feed and care for it while you're away, let me know. My ES-335 would love to keep it company.

As you can see, I take it out for a walk every day.

Duck.jpg

tricota

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rada
Well, I'm not a fan of ties... I have to put SOMETHING on. Pocket squares and silk scarves are really my only option and I do like the way they look on me. For this suit, I may go sans pocket square though... who knows

Light cream can be a ***** to ad a pocket square to. Anything in a light colour doesnt really ad anything to the suit and anything with a bold or bright colour and you are in serious danger of entering clown territory...

But I do agree with the no tie and open shirt option. Atleast in summer. It would be a shame to hide that tattoo...

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Part fit, part looking for advice. Mostly finished my DB experiment but they put the nipple buttons on the Kent style jacket. Should I go ahead and go with what I originally planned and hack them off? Also kudos to you if you guess which of the two I wore later in the evening. Very, very nice day in Korea today
smile.gif

Sorry Broseidon but this one really is not so gud. Position of the buttoning has major issues. I know the DoW photo you are referencing and he didn't look that good in it either! O well, kudos for the experiment, always good to try new things and push the boundaries.

Rada

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lounge Lizard
This is an awesome look!

thanks
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Sweet! If you need someone to feed and care for it while you're away, let me know. My ES-335 would love to keep it company.

As you can see, I take it out for a walk every day.

Duck.jpg

a 335 is one of my dream guitars
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by tricota
Light cream can be a ***** to ad a pocket square to. Anything in a light colour doesnt really ad anything to the suit and anything with a bold or bright colour and you are in serious danger of entering clown territory...

But I do agree with the no tie and open shirt option. Atleast in summer. It would be a shame to hide that tattoo...

thank you for your advice... I had never thought of that. I'll have to play around with some different pocket squares and scarves to see what happens. Yeah, I have a lot of tattoos
smile.gif

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With 100+ in Arizona (and this is not a heat wave), my daily looks something like this:
DSC_7762.jpg
However, business and personal matters provide occasion for something more like this: 2nd Outing for this Borrelli Sorrento Jacket. Still not sure if I need to take in the sides, or if this fit is "par for the course" for this type of cut. Pants are Howard Yount summer wool. The left cuff is there - just got caught on the watch.
DSC_7786.jpg
DSC_7799.jpg
DSC_7809.jpg
And this may be my last contribution of this type for a while - will spend the rest of the summer in Europe. Hope the temperature is a bit more bearable ... Will try to pop in to catchup and contribute from there.
cheers.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
Both gorgeous fabrics, colour and pattern.

you have nothing but ill fitting shoes, so why should anybody care....

wrooom wrooom for the bimmer

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
Both gorgeous fabrics, colour and pattern.

you have nothing but ill fitting shoes, so why should anybody care....

wrooom wrooom for the bimmer

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
Sorry Broseidon but this one really is not so gud. Position of the buttoning has major issues. I know the DoW photo you are referencing and he didn't look that good in it either! O well, kudos for the experiment, always good to try new things and push the boundaries.
Actually agreed that he didn't look good but my reasoning was that it exaggerated the wrong proportions on him, which are the exact proportions I need exaggerated.

I appreciate all the honest comments and will be taking it back for some waist suppression in both the jacket and trousers, and likely moving a couple buttons slightly. May as well get a list of what else I may as well fix. Here's the pic at the tailor's (taken when I got it, photoshopped the two top buttons out) which probably has a better camera angle. Didn't post it before since I won't be wearing it with these items.

11b5e8l.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
a man after my taste.

glücklich ist, wer vergisst, was nicht zu ändern ist...

looking forward to the franziskaner and the meggle...
wink.gif

You should have seen me at the table yesterday with a fresh plate of currywurst and a liter of Hefe Weizen watching the game...

Originally Posted by calvinloke
Translucent linen trousers!

Spoo, mind showing me the back of your pants?

There will be a nominal fee for that.
confused.gif

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Start her off gently with some Blanc de Blancs.
smile.gif

She much prefers a nice Riesling, but it was 105 degrees out.

Originally Posted by JPHardy
Casa Spoosace. Somehow I knew sooner or later you end up there. Looking good.

Thanks JP - How would you guess I would wind up there? (actually got married there too)

Originally Posted by chrisb0109
possibly the creepiest request I've seen here.

blush.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gregaz
And this may be my last contribution of this type for a while - will spend the rest of the summer in Europe. Hope the temperature is a bi more bearable ...

Will try to pop in to catchup and contribute from there.
cheers.gif

Have a safe and great trip Greg! Lots of pics along the way I hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads