• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition******

hardisty17

Reaction score
spam, eggs, and corned beef hash from the can...
don't hate until you have tried it

Monaco

Reaction score
Grass fed bacon
Mac n Cheese
Grass fed, free range eggs (awesome)
Whole milk yogurt

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Sous vide halibut cheeks crisped with panko.

Halibut cheek stock.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Fresh leek blossoms and radish flowers from my parents garden.
inlove.gif

0705001012.jpg

0705001013.jpg

Kyle, what do you do with the radish flowers?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My first Jamon Iberico from 24th Street Cheese Co. Amazing, amazing stuff.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
Kyle, what do you do with the radish flowers?

I garnish salads with them. I've never cooked them, but it's something worth trying I suppose. In the salad or just as a garnish, they offer a tiny crunch and a slightly sweet and floral (lol obviously) flavor in the mouth. Just ever so slightly bitter as well.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I garnish salads with them. I've never cooked them, but it's something worth trying I suppose. In the salad or just as a garnish, they offer a tiny crunch and a slightly sweet and floral (lol obviously) flavor in the mouth. Just ever so slightly bitter as well.

Your parents live in the Nap, right? Its funny - my grandpa (who lived next door to us on the southside) had about a football field sized garden. Corn, tomatoes, green beans, et al... But you never appreciate what you have at your finger tips till you dont have it.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
Your parents live in the Nap, right? Its funny - my grandpa (who lived next door to us on the southside) had about a football field sized garden. Corn, tomatoes, green beans, et al... But you never appreciate what you have at your finger tips till you dont have it.

Nah, they live in a tiny town a little ways north of Lafayette. My lady friend lives in Naptown though. But you're absolutely right about the garden.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nah, they live in a tiny town a little ways north of Lafayette. My lady friend lives in Naptown though. But you're absolutely right about the garden.

Naptowyeown!!!!!!

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh em gee, I am eating a Plum and it is effing delicious.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Well, some of you may know that my pops is an avid homebrewer. He recently put two of his beers into the Indiana State Fair Homebrew Competition and got the results back. He didn't win, but his DIPA (he named it Cousin Pliny, obviously after the original) got in the top 5. He was awarded a "mini best in show" meaning he won his flight and advanced to the last round. He got either 4th or 5th, because only 5 beers advanced and they only award 1-3. Anyway, he got a really good score, a 44/50, which is described as "Excellent (38-44)- Beers in this style may have no flaws but may be missing the intangibles of a world class beer."
Pretty cool to see my pops have some hard work rewarded.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Very cool, K.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I am craving braised oxtails today.

I have my 20# box of duck I need to process. Maybe Thursday night, that way I can make a little confit this weekend.
inlove.gif

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, some of you may know that my pops is an avid homebrewer. He recently put two of his beers into the Indiana State Fair Homebrew Competition and got the results back. He didn't win, but his DIPA (he named it Cousin Pliny, obviously after the original) got in the top 5. He was awarded a "mini best in show" meaning he won his flight and advanced to the last round. He got either 4th or 5th, because only 5 beers advanced and they only award 1-3. Anyway, he got a really good score, a 44/50, which is described as "Excellent (38-44)- Beers in this style may have no flaws but may be missing the intangibles of a world class beer."
Pretty cool to see my pops have some hard work rewarded.

That's pretty cool. Maybe one day his son, if he pulls his finger out of his ass, could feature his dad's beers at a restaurant he owns or is an EC at. Or... maybe he could feed berkshire pigs the dad's beer...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads