• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
if you buy an xxl tee and take in the shoulders and waist and round the bottom you get a rick flap lookalike and then just take bunch of ipecac and you can fit like this
L1040199.jpg
i been thinking about doing alterations myself. darts or taking in for dress shirts ? if i do darts i think they'll run the length of the shirt down to the tail, which is fine if tucked (as most dress shirts should be) but taking in will create a slanted look at the bottom, so they wil still have to be tucked ?

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Ducked in to a club monaco for no reason today and found half canvassed thom browne knockoffs for about 150 for a suit. Even had functional cuffs. If you can live with the shame of fast fashion it really wasn't bad.
Club Monaco is pretty decent if you get the stuff heavily discounted. Thom Browne was a tailor at CM for a long time(until 2001), and the label was started by Ralph Lauren I'm pretty sure. Thats why 99% of the stuff they make is straight designer knockoff.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Ducked in to a club monaco for no reason today and found half canvassed thom browne knockoffs for about 150 for a suit. Even had functional cuffs. If you can live with the shame of fast fashion it really wasn't bad.

Would hit.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I saw you in cambridge today magician. Guy who looked just like you wearing black skinny jeans, some T shirt with a triangle on it and those tan f&b boots you have tucked into his jeans.

Naturally Baked

Reaction score
In the past year i've started moving away from wearing Diesel. I wore it a lot in college....but man, even though I have stopped buying their shirts and stuff I cannot get enough of their jeans! They fit me so well and are so comfffyyyy! I bought some marc jacobs and naked & famous denim and I still keep goin back to my diesels

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
I thought I saw you in cambridge today magician. Guy who looked just like you wearing black skinny jeans, some T shirt with a triangle on it and those tan f&b boots you have tucked into his jeans.
Haha I dress like that like pretty frequently. Unless it was Cambridge, Baltimore it probably wasn't me though.

Lynx_the_one

Reaction score
Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5
Club Monaco is pretty decent if you get the stuff heavily discounted. Thom Browne was a tailor at CM for a long time(until 2001), and the label was started by Ralph Lauren I'm pretty sure. Thats why 99% of the stuff they make is straight designer knockoff.

Pretty sure Ralph Lauren(the company) acquired them. I don't believe Ralph Lauren(the person) started it.

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lynx_the_one
Pretty sure Ralph Lauren(the company) acquired them. I don't believe Ralph Lauren(the person) started it.

That's probably right, I just heard that thrown around when people were talking about CM.

actually the Wiki had all the answers, wasn't a Polo company til 99, started as a Canadian company blah blah blah.

Lynx_the_one

Reaction score
Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5
That's probably right, I just heard that thrown around when people were talking about CM.

actually the Wiki had all the answers, wasn't a Polo company til 99, started as a Canadian company blah blah blah.

Wikipedia solves everything.

While on the RL topic, RRL corduroys are awesome. Literally the most comfortable pair of pants I own.

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lynx_the_one
Wikipedia solves everything.

While on the RL topic, RRL corduroys are awesome. Literally the most comfortable pair of pants I own.

Yeah I want some RRL pieces but they don't sell it anywhere around here.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear the same jeans and belt and usually the same shoes everyday. Nudie thin finns, paul smith dip dyed white low tops and a margiela brown suede belt. I've been wearing them for about a year so they're all getting pretty worn out and I want to replace them. Im thinking N&F skinny guys, white gum sole common projects, but I haven't decided on the belt, I don't want some huge KMW work belt, I want something a bit interesting. Would like some recommendations on some jeans, sneakers and a belt I can wear pretty much everyday.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
I wear the same jeans and belt and usually the same shoes everyday. Nudie thin finns, paul smith dip dyed white low tops and a margiela brown suede belt. I've been wearing them for about a year so they're all getting pretty worn out and I want to replace them. Im thinking N&F skinny guys, white gum sole common projects, but I haven't decided on the belt, I don't want some huge KMW work belt, I want something a bit interesting. Would like some recommendations on some jeans, sneakers and a belt I can wear pretty much everyday.
Easy. All three Poell.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Over-sized orange "LA prison" t-shirt, baggy jorts, crocs, white sweat socks - things I saw today on one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads