• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zinman74

Reaction score
Thanks to you wafflers, I have just decided on and ordered the Hawaiian Tanker in brown 9.5D versus getting on the pre-order for the next re-stock of Ultimate Indies. Two down counting my AOC AF85 Wing Tip boot in black. It's a sickness, I will post pics soon.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dexter_
Get the Tankers now before they're out in your size! I'd prefer them to the regular 403 for the same reason you stated plus Commando Sole > Regular Cork Sole.

...and Ahab. You're disturbed.
wink.gif

facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by CrackedCrab
Whiskey PTBs today for a casual Friday. I'd like to get them in Cigar too...

whiskeyPTB.jpg

I wear my cigar more, they are very versatile. The whiskey was in the closet all winter but has been seeing quite a bit of wear since spring. Good luck!

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't decide between the tan or dark brown suede chukka boots.....thoughts???

JTK

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01

The dark brown look great in in person! Saw someone trying on a pair of both last weekend, and I thought the brown looked much better.

Dexter_

Reaction score
For the chukka, I prefer tan suede. Borrowing a page from MiniW's philosophy, get the tan suede chukka and a snuff PT Boot!

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01

I think the tan looks nicer. The contrast between the suede and the sole and the stitching gives the shoe some dimension. The dark brown looks a little like a sock or a slipper because everything is so dark the details all blend together.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought we learned that the tan suede look like Uggs. Or was that the dark brown suede?

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
I thought we learned that the tan suede look like Uggs. Or was that the dark brown suede?
I think that is more with the Barrie and Trublance lasts than the color. But I think we are going to get some bleed over on the Ugg front no matter what just because they were so popular.

I still get legit compliments on my suede boots and they a snuff suede Barrie last.

As for color I like both. I feel the dark brown would be more versatile but as has been stated you lose some details.

Dexter_

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey

Only if you get one with a crepe sole.
laugh.gif

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those are very nice zinman. I had a pair once and I sort of regret selling them.

CrackedCrab

Reaction score
J. Gilbert limited run NST #8 on Plaza, single oiled flex? sole. Really love the fit and sole on these.
JGilbertAldens.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads