• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where is your style going?

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't give a **** phase: spring->summer->fall in LA is all Tshirt weather so I'm just wearing plain T's or light button down with jeans.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im doing my usual trad/americana/japworkwear thing. Main thing is that i have stopped thrifting, and gotten more lazy over all. Bought 2 pairs of chunky alfred sargent shoes in the last couple of months though, good stuff.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I've been bumming around in the same stuff for the last few months. Other than a few key pieces that I still really want, I would say that wardrobe is complete and I have no desire to really buy anything (although really looking forward to my TOJ MA-1)

This summer I have pretty much been in jeans, v necks, and sneakers. I am doing an internship with a judge, so for a while I had to dress it up. Now because I am mostly in an office just working on cases, I am dressing real casual.

Some of the things I do plan to buy:
-Seiko Diver
-Either an apolis activism filson briefcase or whatever leather bag ToJ comes out with
-I want a pair of GATs since my pair fell apart. I'm thinking I might just splurge on MMM, but I only want the classic white with grey suede trim.
-Uniqlo +J button downs (fit me really well) or maybe some nice outerwear, although i don't really need anymore.

nomad

Reaction score
right now w+h u necks, lvc 47's and sneaks or white bucks.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly I am not going to be able to afford anything (even AA, Uniqlo, etc.) for the next couple of months, going to be wearing cords/raw jeans, chucks/chelsea boots, and v-neck/self-tailored button-down until at least February. No way I can afford a cello if I'm buying Dior left and right.

Ideally, I'd like to get a rotation going of my favorite shoes (All-Stars, wingtips, and beatle boots w/heel), up my suit game with MTM, and throw on some paisleys, florals, and other prints. I bike everywhere when I'm at school, and I think MTM corduroy suit + silk floral scarf + white shirt + chucks on a bicycle would make me feel like an extreme badass.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no direction at all. Buy sick **** when I can find it, fill wardrobe holes when they appear. everything comes together in a way, has worked better for me than taking things in any deliberate direction. always a trusting your instincts concept.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Towards more stuff I truly like/want that I won't end up selling in a month. Setting goals for items I need instead of impulse buys

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only buying runway **** now. If I ponder all my past regrettable buys, they're always cheap. Less RO drapey style, (not able to pull off, being honest here) more stuff with interesting design but won't look embarrassingly bad in a year.

onlinematt

Reaction score
Where is my style going? Backwards.

Working from home recently so I've been wearing the same singlet and boxers for 3 days straight now. I'd get dressed to go outside but A) it's too friggin' hot in the city, and B) I couldn't be farked. Pathetic really...

Sad thing is that there's loads and loads of stuff in my closet that hasn't even been worn yet cause it's easier to get delivery than to get dressed and go outside. Ugh.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Pun
Only buying runway **** now. If I ponder all my past regrettable buys, they're always cheap. Less RO drapey style, (not able to pull off, being honest here) more stuff with interesting design but won't look embarrassingly bad in a year.

This is kind of where I'm at, only I AM impulse buying ****. I seriously see something that looks good, and I'm like, what the ****, that thing is awesome, and I want it. I want a leather, since I don't have one, I want some long, slim tanks (RO, OV, whatever) because I'm ******* miserable in anything with sleeves, I want some crazy-ass trousers, and probably will not stop buying sneakers forever. Can't think of anything else I need, just going to destroy **** I own in an attempt to make it look interesting on the cheap. Fall is going to be nuts though; need a totally new wardrobe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads