• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Just received my Roy pre-orders from Context, they are easily the best looking pair of boots I own. The pull-up leather is amazing.
bounce2.gif

I haven't had a chance to take any shots yet as the UPS man literally just delivered them, but I'll post some soon. If you've been thinking about picking a pair of these up, do it. I was on the fence and am so happy that I pulled the trigger on them...

You should have taken pictures with the UPS man. Like you putting them on and him pointing towards you, then him trying them on and you pointing to him. You wearing the left, him wearing the right high fiving each other.
laugh.gif

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303
I have the Leather Goods Connection bridle leather belt in light brown with side stitching and a brass buckle. It's nearly a perfect match for the 405
+1 if you send them a link to a few pictures they can also find a good match and make it for you. They are easy to work with and that is how I got a belt that matches my whiskey shell.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should I get the 403 or the new brown tankers?

For those who wear Alden tankers, any cons about them? Was gearing up to buy some 403's (which are readily available and which I've tried on), but now i'm waffling between those and the new LS tankers in brown chromexcel. I'm leaning towards the tanker because they're less common, but I've never had a chance to see a pair in person. Anyone care to talk me into them (or out of them)?

Dexter_

Reaction score
Get the Tankers now before they're out in your size! I'd prefer them to the regular 403 for the same reason you stated plus Commando Sole > Regular Cork Sole. ...and Ahab. You're disturbed.
wink.gif

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
Wafflers are not allowed to buy Aldens.

What?! They certainly are if they are waffling between two Aldens.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally prefer commando soles myself but the Barrie does not fit exactly like the Tru-Balance and there's a chance the Tankers won't fit as well as you'd like. Tankers are definitely a good looking boot and very unique, however Indy's are not all that common in real life and I've gotten tons of compliments on my Indy's so I can't really decide which one looks better. My ultimate plan is get a pair of commando soles put on my 2 1/2 year old Indy's at some point in the future. Of course the smart thing to do is to get a pair of the tankers now (or pre-order them) and ALSO get the Indy's as well so that you can rotate the two and get more mileage out of both.

Originally Posted by Trapp
Should I get the 403 or the new brown tankers

For those who wear Alden tankers, any cons about them? Was gearing up to buy some 403's (which are readily available and which I've tried on), but now i'm waffling between those and the new LS tankers in brown chromexcel. I'm leaning towards the tanker because they're less common, but I've never had a chance to see a pair in person. Anyone care to talk me into them (or out of them)?

rick

Reaction score
Should I get the 403 or the new brown tankers?

i have the tankers in #8 with commando sole and i love them. indys are easier to get. tankers it is.

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Just received my Roy pre-orders from Context, they are easily the best looking pair of boots I own. The pull-up leather is amazing.
bounce2.gif

I haven't had a chance to take any shots yet as the UPS man literally just delivered them, but I'll post some soon. If you've been thinking about picking a pair of these up, do it. I was on the fence and am so happy that I pulled the trigger on them...

are you a panerai guy if you are the fiddy is one hell of a watch.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of the Leffot kudu ptb in action? Cheers.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
tankers it is.

Yup, tankers it is.

I just put in my order, and should get them by the middle of next week. I'll post pics when they come in (in case anyone wants to see them in more detail in time for the current preorder.)

I like Mini's idea of eventually picking up the 403 as well.

Dexter_

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
Of course the smart thing to do is to get a pair of the tankers now (or pre-order them) and ALSO get the Indy's as well so that you can rotate the two and get more mileage out of both.
+1
devil.gif

Brown Indy and Black Tanker would be nice.

Originally Posted by rick
are you a panerai guy if you are the fiddy is one hell of a watch.
Da Fiddy is an iconic PAM but T-dial is where its at!
smile.gif

I just put in my order, and should get them by the middle of next week. I'll post pics when they come in (in case anyone wants to see them in more detail in time for the current preorder.)
Nice!

CrackedCrab

Reaction score
Whiskey PTBs today for a casual Friday. I'd like to get them in Cigar too...
whiskeyPTB.jpg

saracen

Reaction score
has anyone had any experience with this seller on ebay: daboss2222

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads