• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What wallet do you use?

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughter95
this is basically what i've been wanting...

http://www.tobi.com/product/23989-pa...et-accessories

fk, it costs 208.25 after 15% first-time discount.

and then the swaine adeney brigg hip wallet looks good too, but it's really expensive at almost $250.

I once looked at that but decided given the mixed reviews of PS wallets I wasn't going to pay that much. I bought this, and it's been pretty good, besides the silver logo, which I'm not a fan of:

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughter95
i got their wallet last friday. i used it for about 4 hours when i realized that the wallet was def not worth 180.

fk

the leather is really thin, stretches really easily. the numbers on ur credit card show an imprint really easily.

the dimensions of the us billfold was not as small as the website says. it was greater in height by .25".

there was a wrinkle in the cheap nylon liner which caused an imprint into the leather as well.

another thing that started to bug me was the huge logo inside.

fortunately after emailing the company directly (not via website, u just get ignored) the person tried to get me a new wallet and a 10% reduction in price, but i wanted a full refund. they agreed and said that "the last thing they would require would be an unhappy launer customer" so at least they're honest and accommodating. they also agreed to pay for the return shipping.

if you all want a nice wallet from england i'd go for aspinal. i liked my friend's aspinal a lot, it's just that it's rather large. good quality stuff though, esp for the price.

i might just check into the coach outlet and be done with it for 40 bucks instead...

Wow, that's very disappointing, especially given how much they are loved on the MC forum. I really like the ones with the colored interiors, too. Guess I'll want to wait till I can see one in person and judge if they're all the same as you say, or if perhaps you just got a lemon.

mattt

Reaction score
I use a Braithwaite. Awesome designs, quality and service. http://www.braithwaitewallets.com/
orpheus_8.jpg

olstudios

Reaction score
I use an old fossil wallet that I got for my birthday a few years ago. Looking for a slim profile one, still haven't found one that I love yet, though.

mikecch

Reaction score
I just have a thing for biker style wallets
laugh.gif
I do have smaller wallets and coin pouches for different occasions, but usually I like my wallets to have a bit of weight. I suppose to 'understand', you'd probably have to like 'em first.

mikecch

Reaction score
Yeah, the one in the picture is a bit extreme, around 400 grams in weight (the heaviest I've owned).
I originally wanted a bi-fold with a single-layer snap, but the company didn't make it with the leather I wanted, so I had to settle with a tri-fold with double layer snaps.

DSC02856.jpg

Bikers are usually about that size though (in terms of length and width), but maybe half the thickness and weight. They definitely take some getting use to though, especially if sitting down in new raw denim.

Here's my more conventional sized wallet:
DSC03127.jpg

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The wolf's back

reprehensible

Reaction score
I was using an Unlucky horsehide wallet up until today, when I got this in the mail: http://www.all-ett.com/productdetails.asp?prodID=15 .

Which is obviously a piece of junk on some level (it's paper-thin, crappy leather over rip-stop nylon), but I no longer feel like I have a giant lump on ******. So hooray for that. And it was cheap.

I'll get something nicer someday, but this is pleasant enough for now.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Just ordered a leather magic wallet.... I'll chime in later (If I remember) to see how it works compared to my Coach slim wallet.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
here's my set up. Pen is to show size.

You sure pen is to show size? and not for subliminally putting penis in there!?! =)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads