• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I think DBSS might be a good (and cheaper) alternative.

I saw a pair of attachment high tops on SZ a while ago. Should have kopped. DBSS is definitely a good alternative.

ryannn

Reaction score
If you're calves are too big, high top sneakers (RO/DBSS high) usually look off imo.

cez

Reaction score
08072010211.jpg

dude, I like this fit alot. I could never pull this off but I think it works for you. Must be your intimidating arms.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryanmnguyen
If you're calves are too big, high top sneakers (RO/DBSS high) usually look off imo.
If I were going to buy a pair of high tops, I probably would end up buying Ann D. Chunky enough, but still slim at the same time
Originally Posted by cez
dude, I like this fit alot. I could never pull this off but I think it works for you. Must be your intimidating arms.
Thanks. Camera adds about a couple of inches on those arms.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Add D's arent as chunky as RO's or DBSS. They have a thick mid-sole but the uppers are usually aren't padded or bulky, almost chucks-like in look, almost too slim to get the RO look.

I think RO's look ok with thick calves as long as it isn't laced up too tight.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I showed my friends a pair of Ann D black high tops before, and they thought they were chucks.

When I hit NyC in August, I'll definitely try a pair of ROs on to see what they look like on me.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Seafinch
IMG_4900.jpg

good stuff,excellent pieces. The boots are superb, but isnt it a bit... warm? (im wearing birkenstock at the moment...)

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soon we will be calling Hanes T's 'pieces'

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
non-sneakers today per aeglus' suggestion

they're not quite as dark irl, i'm having some lighting problems

img0870lf.jpg

getting car insurance today so now i can get to the gym and get less skinny!

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
sorry, didnt know "pieces" was reserved for moon boots.
You'll be forever hated if you participate on such a forum yet refuse to accept the fashion culture, whether you agree with it or not is up to you but calling it stupid (and thus calling everyone who likes it stupid) isn't doing you any favours.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Well, I didnt call a hanes tee a "piece", did I?

It curious how I always seem to end up getting the blame for responding someone elses snarky ass comments. For some reason, the people who have bought into the designer/baller approch are very easily provoked when their sense of superiority gets questioned.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarkI
It would have gotten more love if I didn't post the brands, people on SF find it obnoxious that one could put together decent looking outfits with generic and inexpensive brands.

Don't mean that in a hateful way at all, but it's what I think

I got the OK for a tailored Kirkland Signature shirt (begrudgingly in some cases)

If the clothes look good you will get props (which they do and you did)

I admit though it seems that people get more love if
- they wear brands that are favored by the WAYWT council
- they take really good pictures

I don't think it's fair to say if stuff isn't Brand X it will get no love here though.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
^^ Well, I didnt call a hanes tee a "piece", did I? It curious how I always seem to end up getting the blame for responding someone elses snarky ass comments. For some reason, the people who have bought into the designer/baller approch are very easily provoked when their sense of superiority gets questioned.
Nvm, Razele was in the wrong there, didn't read his post. But your 'moon boots' comment was still a backhanded insult at the designer culture. It's got nothing to do with superiority and everything to do with respect, I've just as quickly critisized people mocking kixslf for his aesthetic, which is more workwear and hypebeast than designer. It also has to do with the fact that non-fashion oriented people share your negative view of designer fashion and in that way you can be seen as their ambassador. So in berating you for your comments, they are standing up against everyone who shares your view, not just yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads