• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
because tomorrow's a new day and all that. Whined to a couple of friends about it in the morning, made a few jokes at her expense, shrugged off the sting as best I could, and set about living Wednesday.

I'll preface this comment by saying that I really don't care all that much about the particular issue at hand, and the following is more of a philosophical question/concern than an actual one.

I'm not sure it's all that good a precedent for mods to be able to squirrel their own threads based on a personal whim. Will mods pull threads started by regular members that they might have decided they no longer want up? I know this isn't a democracy, but something about this episode strikes me as a little, I dunno, improper.

BTW, you know I love you M@t. Just thought this might be an interesting topic for debate, before it happens on a more sensitive threak. (Didn't Steve get accused of similar things in the CE?)

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I'll preface this comment by saying that I really don't care all that much about the particular issue at hand, and the following is more of a philosophical question/concern than an actual one.

I'm not sure it's all that good a precedent for mods to be able to squirrel their own threads based on a personal whim. Will mods pull threads started by regular members that they might have decided they no longer want up? I know this isn't a democracy, but something about this episode strikes me as a little, I dunno, improper.

BTW, you know I love you M@t. Just thought this might be an interesting topic for debate, before it happens on a more sensitive threak. (Didn't Steve get accused of similar things in the CE?)

Other members can ask for their threads to be squirreled, so I don't really see a problem.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is most likely a sockpuppet threak with this lovely gem about foo hitting on a 12 year old.

Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I don't know,
foo.gif
would probably make a pass on her.

Can the mods please do something.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
It's not so much a problem as it is just inconvenient to scroll around. Also it uses way more data in a browser and takes longer if I'm not in wifi range. Can't imagine a plugin being difficult to install so if it's possible that'd be great.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score

when have we ever claimed to be fair....nah actually...this:

Originally Posted by why
Other members can ask for their threads to be squirreled, so I don't really see a problem.

is the correct answer. If a member PMs us and says 'lock this away and here's why' we generally do.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Good to know.
smile.gif
So someday, when Conne wants to run for office, are you going to accede to his request to squirrel every thread he's ever made? Thanks for the clarification - I did not know that.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So someday, when Conne wants to run for office, are you going to accede to his request to squirrel every thread he's ever made?

ONLY if they privately share them with all of us first.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
It's not so much a problem as it is just inconvenient to scroll around. Also it uses way more data in a browser and takes longer if I'm not in wifi range. Can't imagine a plugin being difficult to install so if it's possible that'd be great.

We want to do something that will make SF easier to surf on Iphones/Blackberries/etc... just a matter of getting 'er done at this point.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
we have a pretty good idea of who it was out there in forum world who cost us RJMan. I will always ban him on sight. I just did. He can have all the plausible deniability he wants. I have a ban button.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
we have a pretty good idea of who it was out there in forum world who cost us RJMan. I will always ban him on sight. I just did.

fistbump.gif

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
We want to do something that will make SF easier to surf on Iphones/Blackberries/etc... just a matter of getting 'er done at this point.
Well would you be able to install that plugin in the interim? I think it's free and it'd save us bby users a lot of time and scrolling.

Incman

Reaction score
I'll chime in and say that browsing on my iPhone (as i am currently doing) is relatively painless. Only slight annoyance is that some buttons ( I.e. the view first unread) requires me to zoom in quite a bit to have it big enough that my finger doesn't hit some other icon. However, as a whole I'm actually surprised how easy it is to browse and post from my phone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads