• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Veal

coonky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Because to have a proper tube feeding chain you need to immobilize the chickens, the whole point if free range is to raise them in an environment that is somewhat "natural" to chicken and de-industrialize the process. Stop trusting your intuition it simply is not an adequate substitute for (in)direct observation. As to your other point I simply don't care much about animal rights, haven't thought much about it and have never read a philosopher I respect discuss it so I guess I have no firm opinion on it, it is one of the myriad of subjects I just take as is, as we are all bound to considering the range of activities and modes of thinking ethics can be applied to.
Thanks for the info. I really, honestly do appreciate it. Personally, I feel I need to justify eating animals before eating them rather than eating meat and then justifying veganism. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right. It's a constant work in progress. I think about it a lot and I haven't made up my mind.

coonky

Reaction score

coonky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
One thing I must say against vegans is that almost every single one that I've met is utterly clueless about food. All they can tell you are the reasons why meat is bad.

If you look at the food they eat, it demonstrates a clear lack of knowledge and appreciation for food. I too, would rather die before being a vegan, but at least I could make it tolerable.

Yep, it's true, but hey it's their choice. And I'd have to agree that a lot of vegetarian restaurants are overpriced and just plain ole suck. As for me, I've invited meat-loving friends over for dinner, and they really liked the food I cooked. I'm not the best cook, but I do alright. You should come over for dinner one time!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
They hardly run around anyway, basically stick to one another in some dark corner. Chickens aren't very adventurous...

I'm def not mr farming but I was curious about chicken/free range and all those "free chickens or death!!" arguments.

Now they call real free range chickens, like outside pecking away for worms and insects and ****, "pastured chickens." Honestly, I was shocked to taste one a few months back (actually made one for dinner with kwilk) and to find that they are, IMO, as good as the really great chickens you get in Europe. Of course, they cost like $25 for a chicken, and sometimes you can't get them, but what a great meat. I roasted one tonight. Just delicious, and way different than the generic free range ones you get at Whole Foods etc. The eggs are great too. Check out the color of scrambled eggs we made a few weeks back. I was shocked at the difference. Nothing but eggs, salt and butter.

photo21q.jpg

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
If only this got the veggies to shut the **** up about cruelty practices, but I doubt they ever will.

probably the opposite, definitely not any time soon
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

just sayin.

Why not just eat for proper nutrition and caloric intake? Does every meal have to be some amazing taste bud stimulus? If I want to eat something enjoyable, nothing beats fresh fruit.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
Why not just eat for proper nutrition and caloric intake? Does every meal have to be some amazing taste bud stimulus?

Yes, it does. Or at least, I prefer it to be. Anyway, when you satisfy your need for savory, you tend to eat less. It gives a sense of fullness.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Why shouldn't it?

Originally Posted by iammatt
Yes, it does. Or at least, I prefer it to be.

+100

one of the great pleasures in life is great food and good company.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
+100

one of the great pleasures in life is great food and good company.

Hopefully you can cook, because I wouldn't want your gf to have to go without either every day.
crackup[1].gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coonky
"Don't hate, debate." Invoking ad hominems only makes it sounds like you're out of real arguments. Remember, I <3 u no matter our difference of opinions.
Depends on the interpretation And vegans/vegetarians have a much higher bitchiness ratio on the subject. I've never seen an omnivorous person ***** about a vegetarian simply because they choose not to eat meat but I have definitely seen a number of vegetarians confront meat-eaters saying how bad they are for doing so
Why not just eat for proper nutrition and caloric intake? Does every meal have to be some amazing taste bud stimulus? If I want to eat something enjoyable, nothing beats fresh fruit.
Why be happy when you can be vegan? And eating meat does not mean abandoning fruits and vegetables
facepalm.gif
They are not mutually exclusive choices

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Depends on the interpretation

And vegans/vegetarians have a much higher bitchiness ratio on the subject. I've never seen an omnivorous person ***** about a vegetarian simply because they choose not to eat meat but I have definitely seen a number of vegetarians confront meat-eaters saying how bad they are for doing so

And eating meat does not mean abandoning fruits and vegetables
facepalm.gif
They are not mutually exclusive choices

Again, you must understand that becoming veg does not solve the issue. It's like if you aren't a litter bug, but that doesn't mean you won't pick up someone else's litter to dispose/recycle.

I know, but I find fruit more enjoyable than meat. Because of overactive tastebuds, I don't eat vegetables.

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Why shouldn't it?

No good reason (other than the effect on animals). I'm just not self-indulgent in many aspects, including food. Don't really think about taste either, as long as it doesn't taste badly.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Again, you must understand that becoming veg does not solve the issue. It's like if you aren't a litter bug, but that doesn't mean you won't pick up someone else's litter to dispose/recycle.

I know, but I find fruit more enjoyable than meat. Because of overactive tastebuds, I don't eat vegetables.

No good reason (other than the effect on animals). I'm just not self-indulgent in many aspects, including food. Don't really think about taste either, as long as it doesn't taste badly.

Wait, you are a vegan and you don't eat vegetables?

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You are a boring mother ******

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
You are a boring leaf blower

It's just food though. Really how much of an impact can food have on the enjoyment of life? Maybe it's the other way around.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's just food though. Really how much of an impact can food have on the enjoyment of life? Maybe it's the other way around.

I would also add ******* idiot to the list of things you are

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads