• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Fcking hot in NYC

DSC_0502.jpg

DSC_0503-1.jpg

Hanes
MMM (Marshalls Mystery Meat; no tag)
Puma

I know you're on that budget tip right now, but I'd be interested to see what you could do with some better pieces and maybe some tailored mall-level stuff. You've got the frame to really stand out if you start wearing some more interesting/better clothes (no ****).

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
disagree with van Witzlebean - I think sneakers (which should be white anyway) are just shoes, and should not be prematurely worn out - I just cleaned my white Achilles lows today with a magic eraser because I like crisp ass white sneakers. If we all lived in Paris or London where every possible place was photogenic and made H+M look cool, I might cross over to the dirty side, but I prefer me some clean sneakers and relatively clean dress shoes as well. There's no reason to be dirty.

Good to see that I'm not alone in this opinion, since I was never able to relate to the "They look nice, but will look even better once they're worn-/broken in and look dirty and fucked up..." comments whenever someone posted a brand new, spick and span pair of sneakers. If I want my sneakers to look dirty for a more rugged, vintage, or even semi-goth-ninja-look, then I just buy a pair of stained Bratos, painted Margielas, DD Silents, or something along these lines. If I buy a clean, all white pair of sneakers, such as CPs, though, then I handle them with care, try to keep them in as-new condition ( obviously except the soles ) and aesthetically pleasing as long as possible and would never tar them - compared to sneakers that are intended for sports activities, or even "winter beaters" - with the same brush; quite contrary to boots and casual shoes, which I prefer a little beaten up and characterized by the signs of time. Well... I guess it also depends on the individual person's clothing style and overall appearance, though. Hardcore Xili Bro followers probably won't pull off spotlessly clean, shopwindow-crisp sneakers very well...

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd be mentally capable of allowing something as costly as CP's get scuffed and beat down. I think it's fine with the Chucks/Vans of the world, but even then, it's more a natural progression of wear over intentionally trying to thrash them.

c00kz

Reaction score
There's a happy medium between stiff, creaseless sneakers and completely grimy little things like in the destroyed canvas sneaker thread.

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the look and eye catchiness of a bright white sneaker but I can see why someone would prefer them beaten up.

pfurey

Reaction score
I dislike beaten up sneakers, but prefer mine to look like they aren't brand new. Worn in and some wrinkles are perfect.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Up by my pool, post Spanish victory!

IMG_1906.png

IMG_1912.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by c00kz
There's a happy medium between stiff, creaseless sneakers and completely grimy little things like in the destroyed canvas sneaker thread.

This, but I know a dirty little secret on how to restore the cp/raf/lanvin sole to beautiful whiteness.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One problem with worn shoes as white as fresh snow is that they conjure up thoughts of old dudes living down in Sarasota.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
That's why you clean the uppers too (didn't know I had to post that).

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I know you're on that budget tip right now, but I'd be interested to see what you could do with some better pieces and maybe some tailored mall-level stuff. You've got the frame to really stand out if you start wearing some more interesting/better clothes (no ****).
Thanks. I try
smile.gif
To a degree I was kind of ******* around with that last post... I knew the WAYWT council would hate it; I just wanted to see how much. Once it gets cooler (it's still in the 90s at night here) and I have a reason to dress nice I will post some more serious fits. In due time...

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sebastianm
Nice outfit sq4you! I really like the contrast between the shoes and the pants plus the polo fits great!

Edit: What watch are you wearing? Looks like Bell&Ross but i could be wrong?

thanks dude. yeah its a bell & ross phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads