• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A&S

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
Last one - smartly done:

Those are some terrific mannequins. The Sciamat style, though, really comes into its own on real human beings:

valericci1.jpg

rasmus1_28408423.jpg

13012010146.jpg

man-of-the-year_dresses_-sciamat.jpg

Italiannay. (there's one in every country):

rrmalg3okokdscf0090.jpg

- B

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Bull, you say things like "sexy construction" or "flawlessly-executed" or "smartly done" when describing Sciamat, but I don't see how you can possibly judge construction or craftsmanship in these off-color, low-resolution, mannequin photos. Thus, I can't help but think you've simply gotten drunk on Sciamat's self-romanticizing ad campaign.

I think he means things like the shoulder treatments, teh buttonholes, the style of the pockets, the visible sewing, etc. Obviously, it is hard to say with 100% certainty that the construction is top notch but with what little we can see, but I don't think it's a stretch to say that these are well made garments, not necessarily well styled though.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I think he means things like the shoulder treatments, teh buttonholes, the style of the pockets, the visible sewing, etc. Obviously, it is hard to say with 100% certainty that the construction is top notch but with what little we can see, I don't think it's a stretchj to say that these are well made garments, not necessarily well styled though.

I like to believe that Bull has seen and handled Sciamat in person, which would explain the bandaged hands.

- B

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Those are some terrific mannequins. The Sciamat style, though, really comes into its own on real human beings:

valericci1.jpg

Even if they tailored a million suits fit for Jesus, it would not be enough to compensate for the ugliness they anally raped the universe with when they unleashed this abortion.

I think he means things like the shoulder treatments, teh buttonholes, the style of the pockets, the visible sewing, etc. Obviously, it is hard to say with 100% certainty that the construction is top notch but with what little we can see, but I don't think it's a stretch to say that these are well made garments, not necessarily well styled though.

They might be well-made--I don't know. But based on the photos I've seen here, I don't see how you could possibly tell. At the same distance and to the same level of detail, a Banana Republic suit would look no worse.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

They might be well-made--I don't know. But based on the photos I've seen here, I don't see how you could possibly tell. At the same distance and to the same level of detail, a Banana Republic suit would look no worse.

it would be impossible to make a BR jacket look like this, no matter how good of a photog. you use. You look at this, at the lapel buttonhole, the curve of the lapels, the breast patch pocket, the shoulders, and think that it can be BR?
confused.gif

sciamat-check-jacket.jpg

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away when this thread used to be about Anderson & Sheppard.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
I remember a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away when this thread used to be about Anderson & Sheppard.

Who?

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
it would be impossible to make a BR jacket look like this, no matter how good of a photog. you use. You look at this, at the lapel buttonhole, the curve of the lapels, the breast patch pocket, the shoulders, and think that it can be BR?
confused.gif

Isn't this the new Rubinacci-by-Luca RTW line that is about to come out?

confused.gif

- B

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
They have ads?

+1

And I won't take the bait. You're a small man, Foofster.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
confused.gif
sciamat-check-jacket.jpg

sciamatbr.jpg
Clearly, the Sciamat buttonhole is much better made and a lot sexier. As for the lapels, breast pocket, and shoulders--you are free to like what you like, but I fail to see how the style of these things says anything about how well they are made.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
+1 And I won't take the bait. You're a small man, Foofster.
Dude, you constantly criticize others for dressing like old men without being able to articulate your reasons for thinking so, only to post photos of Sciamat suits and jackets that you claim are mana from heaven. You invited the scrutiny. And if you don't think Sciamat itself has anything to do with all the identically styled photos of its work floating around the internet, I don't even know where to begin.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Dude, you constantly criticize others for dressing like old men without being able to articulate your reasons for thinking so, only to post photos of Sciamat suits and jackets that you claim are mana from heaven. You invited the scrutiny.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics