• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Great Everyday Objects Thread

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pezzaturra
Waiter-style bottle opener.

Great, if you could find one properly engineered and crafted.

inlove.gif
Our cherrywood Laguiole.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
Yes this is an everyday object, thanks for this addition.

I use it every day.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slut2.gif
i bought one of these for my little nephew... and remembered how awesome they are. ended up buying a set for my freezer... perfect for summer. the only downside is it only slushes with sugar-based drinks and doesn't slush with diet drinks (it does get them iced cold in 2min though).

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
t_00003660.jpg
+
2007-10-21-104231-portable-apps.png
FTW! edit: Speaking of USB drives, if you have one of those SanDisks with the terrible U3 Desktop Software installed, here is an app that will remove that completely. Be sure to make a backup of your data because it WILL destroy everything on the drive and re-format. http://u3.sandisk.com/launchpadremoval.htm

kakemono

Reaction score
I just wish I could find a quality can opener. My mother had one of the old crude style ones and she still has it - been strong for 20 years. All I can find in store now is the ****** ergonomic ones with monkey metal, plastic, and cushions that make me want to wipe ****** with it - not cut metal.

Seriously...

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4551452.jpg

I bought a bunch of speed pourers like this (mine are all plastic with caps) for $1/each at the Container Store and replaced the tops of my liquor bottles. Produces a precise, controlled pour. No need to reattach the original caps after using because the pourers are capped.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I got some cd sleeves at Muji a couple years back that are made from recycled paper. They're great: sturdy, dirt resistant, and and minimalist.

fa5e24172a2717edaa51029d1f2d1d11.jpg

I can't believe somebody hasn't come along with a more appealing version of these cd wallet things. They nearly all have a stupid rubber logo, fake leather, and plastic trimming. That's if you're lucky enough to find some without tribal graphics or "Life is Good" decals on them.

Case-Logic-Koskin-CD-Wallet--32-Disc_3552_r.jpg

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure 50% of my "great everyday objects" are from Muji. Everything from my home desk to an eraser has been great from them.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
I can't believe somebody hasn't come along with a more appealing version of these cd wallet things. They nearly all have a stupid rubber logo, fake leather, and plastic trimming. That's if you're lucky enough to find some without tribal graphics or "Life is Good" decals on them.

have you looked at anything from Muji? They have a nice CD wallet

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Launer card case. No explanation needed.
28.jpg

Cheap, comfortable, and writes good.
21sG4McQJoL._AA300_.jpg

Holds water. Good form factor and one-handed operation.
80fdd864-388f-4cd9-b682-63660206e3e6.jpg

Etymotic ER-4P. Great sound quality and noise isolation. Perfect for long flights and noisy work environments.
31Op5u3YJJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Bolle or other polarized sunglasses of your choice. Why even bother with sunglasses that aren't polarized?
0679-00385-0421-s1.jpg

Makita 18v cordless drill. Puts many corded drills to shame.
41xPSVf-ewL._AA300_.jpg

Perhaps the single most useful hand tool ever.
00945102000-1

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Qtips. I ran out today and they were sorely missed. Got a big 'ol box now.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Salad
Qtips. I ran out today and they were sorely missed. Got a big 'ol box now.

Is this even possible? I've never found a package with less than 10,000.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
Holds water. Good form factor and one-handed operation.
80fdd864-388f-4cd9-b682-63660206e3e6.jpg

Do you own one? How well does it work?
I was checking one of these out in the store and I didn't see any airhole that would let you drink directly from the spout.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
Do you own one? How well does it work?
I was checking one of these out in the store and I didn't see any airhole that would let you drink directly from the spout.

Yes. I think it works well. It has no air hole, but I don't cover the entire spout when drinking, so it works fine for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics