• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
^Tempted, but my LS Jumper boots just arrived, which is wiping me out. Still, a pair of those wingtip boots...
I know the feeling. I want to go with those too but I went with pre-order #1. I will have to grab those next time.

ninja07

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody here has any experience on going a half size up and one alphabet larger on the width. Does it make any significant increase on the size / fit ?

I am refering to the 405 indys on the trubalance last, say going from a sz 11B to 11.5C.

Thanks in advance

PeterParker

Reaction score
^^^
Also curious about this, as 9E seems to fit me well but certain makeups only come in D widths.

On another note: does it matter what shoe trees I put in my Alden boots? (i.e. do Alden trees maintain the shape of Alden lasts better than other shoe trees?)

I suppose this question is silly since Alden does not make trees specific to each last, so I don't see the harm in using a generic shoe tree. Just wondering...

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ninja07
Just wondering if anybody here has any experience on going a half size up and one alphabet larger on the width. Does it make any significant increase on the size / fit ?

I am refering to the 405 indys on the trubalance last, say going from a sz 11B to 11.5C.

Thanks in advance

I sized DOWN a half size...
eh.gif

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I visited shoemart around 1:30 am in the morning and it had crazy sale prices for some Alden shoes. Shell shoes were discounted by up to 32%, flex welt chukkas were under $300, but the site stopped working, I went to check it out a few minutes ago and all sale items were gone. Has anyone seen that?

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 9E on the Barrie and Trubalance, and a 9.5D fits fine. Also I use ALLEN EDMONDS TREES IN ALL MY ALDENS!!!!!
wow.gif
They work fine.

Originally Posted by PeterParker
^^^
Also curious about this, as 9E seems to fit me well but certain makeups only come in D widths.

On another note: does it matter what shoe trees I put in my Alden boots? (i.e. do Alden trees maintain the shape of Alden lasts better than other shoe trees?)

I suppose this question is silly since Alden does not make trees specific to each last, so I don't see the harm in using a generic shoe tree. Just wondering...

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
I visited shoemart around 1:30 am in the morning and it had crazy sale prices for some Alden shoes. Shell shoes were discounted by up to 32%, flex welt chukkas were under $300, but the site stopped working, I went to check it out a few minutes ago and all sale items were gone. Has anyone seen that?

Sounds like a glitch to me.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
Sounds like a glitch to me.

Possible, I was so excited and wanted to score bunch of pairs but I knew it was too good to be true. Ravello shell wingtips were $389.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the Leathersoul NST boot in chromexcel in hand? The pics of the black calf look stunning. Would love to see the brown one in action....esp. fit pics.

rick

Reaction score
Possible, I was so excited and wanted to score bunch of pairs but I knew it was too good to be true. Ravello shell wingtips were $389.

first there site has some problems from time to time i have spoke to the owners. they are working on it. second yes shoemart does have cordovan shoes for 389 they are alden seconds, which you have to be on there email list. i have bought about 4 pairs and cannot really find what was wrong with them. the last pair i bought were #8 cordo captoe boots for 389 and like i said cannot find a flaw. so maybe you saw the seconds list.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I didn't realize they had Ravello wingtips. Boots?

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
first there site has some problems from time to time i have spoke to the owners. they are working on it. second yes shoemart does have cordovan shoes for 389 they are alden seconds, which you have to be on there email list. i have bought about 4 pairs and cannot really find what was wrong with them. the last pair i bought were #8 cordo captoe boots for 389 and like i said cannot find a flaw. so maybe you saw the seconds list.

Rick,

They don't post their seconds list online. Only sent through e-mail. Sounds to me like they had shells priced at seconds that were actually firsts. Seems like they fixed the problem.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
I didn't realize they had Ravello wingtips. Boots?

They are not on the site anymore, which is strange. They were bluchers, I was going to buy them but the site went down. I am sure shoemart wouldn't have filled the order anyways, I just thought that they were having a giant sale.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was expecting a little more enthusiasm for the Leather Soul pre-orders.
eh.gif

Even though it will be a few months I will be stoked to get cordovan saddle shoes.

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
I was expecting a little more enthusiasm for the Leather Soul pre-orders.
eh.gif

Even though it will be a few months I will be stoked to get cordovan saddle shoes.

i like the captoe boot but have a lot of preorders on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads