• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Should you need a whole drawer for that? I stored mine rolled in drawers.

tshaw

Reaction score
I just got a pair of antique cufflinks and one of the links is missing the little bar at the end that holds it on the other side of the cuff. Anyone know who/where I can get it fixed? also, I have another pair that the working mechanism came off the top of the link. It needs a little 'spot welding'?? or somehow to get it back on. Any ideas /suggestions wld be appreciated. You can PM me.

Thanks, gentlemen!

T

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
is adding some waist supression to a suit jacket a big deal?

like, should I find a suit maker to do it, or can any seamstress do it?

It is not a difficult alteration. That said, I never cease to be amazed by the ability of alterations tailors to screw up even the smallest jobs. Because of that, I use a higher-end alterations tailor for pretty much any alteration I need done.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
It is not a difficult alteration. That said, I never cease to be amazed by the ability of alterations tailors to screw up even the smallest jobs. Because of that, I use a higher-end alterations tailor for pretty much any alteration I need done.

i kind of live away from any cities, so all i can find is seamstresses, haha.

I'm having a friend of my grandmas hem a pair of trousers for me, she said she could also alter a jacket, so if she does a good job on the trousers, i'll see if she can do it. then again, it took some convincing to get her to hem the pants with very little/no break, so i can only imagine how long is going to take to convince her to add a good amount of waist suppression to a jacket.

chrisjr

Reaction score
Looking for a fitted navy blazer to buy for my little brother's birthday. He's a 38R and has a build that would be quite similar to what BoO makes, so the "fitted" component is rather important. Ideally available in Toronto but i have no problem having it shipped in.
To clarify, I am looking for a classic type navy blazer with styling similar to this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_DvyYQdnG-5...avy+Blazer.jpg

I had also considered paying for him to get one MTM.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Chris

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by runner-guy
Do you think it would be appropriate for attending a wedding?
A wedding tie would be better, but that combo would be better than about 80% of what I see at weddings.

runner-guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
A wedding tie would be better, but that combo would be better than about 80% of what I see at weddings.

Yeah. Normally I go to weddings and the guys look like complete shlubs. The men at the wedding I went to over the weekend were actually dressed better than what I normally see.

Foxtrot

Reaction score
Has anyone bought from the AE Shoe Bank since the Mequon store closed? I used to e-mail [email protected] for availability/prices, and then place my order by phone. Now I don't know who to e-mail. I tried e-mailing [email protected], but didn't get a response.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads