• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New to style-Help with Levi STF and Chucks

ryank1331

Reaction score
I am new to style. I need some help.

I am looking at getting some Levi STF. I just dont know what kind to get, and what size to get since I have never bought STF.

I dont want the jeans to be to tight, but not the baggy look either. What kind of Levi STF should I get? How about sizing, and what do I do to shrink them? Do I soak them?

Also, I am buying some chucks. High top or low top? I am thinking White or Grey?

Grey only because the dirt wont show as much, and it goes with everything.

ANY HELP IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! THANKS GUYS!

CoconutBanana

Reaction score
Jackson_popcorn.gif

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We might as well get the inevitable out of the way:

Originally Posted by ryank1331
I am new to style. I need some help.

I am looking at getting some Levi STF. I just dont know what kind to get, and what size to get since I have never bought STF.

I dont want the jeans to be to tight, but not the baggy look either. What kind of Levi STF should I get? How about sizing, and what do I do to shrink them? Do I soak them?

Also, I am buying some chucks. High top or low top? I am thinking White or Grey?

Grey only because the dirt wont show as much, and it goes with everything.

ANY HELP IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! THANKS GUYS!

trafficjam

Reaction score
Get Levi's STF light indigo in 38x30. The waist will shrink but that shrinking tends to push the fiber vertical and will increase the length of the inseam. You want a lighter color because darker colors tend to fade faster, making your clothes look worn and reducing their effective longevity.

I would pass on the Chuck's. They're a juvenile shoe that tend to say, "I am on a child's feet." Plus they run very narrow, so unless you have pegs for feet, they'll be uncomfortable. Instead you should get some Nike Shox. They have versatility and you'll be ahead of the curve when styling returns to more flahsy, ornate sneakers, as it is ripe to do. Be sure to get something in a bright colorway, for peacocking purposes.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trafficjam
Get Levi's STF light indigo in 38x30. The waist will shrink but that shrinking tends to push the fiber vertical and will increase the length of the inseam. You want a lighter color because darker colors tend to fade faster, making your clothes look worn and reducing their effective longevity.

I would pass on the Chuck's. They're a juvenile shoe that tend to say, "I am on a child's feet." Plus they run very narrow, so unless you have pegs for feet, they'll be uncomfortable. Instead you should get some Nike Shox. They have versatility and you'll be ahead of the curve when styling returns to more flahsy, ornate sneakers, as it is ripe to do. Be sure to get something in a bright colorway, for peacocking purposes.

This is a good start:

nitro-air-force-1-1.jpg

Flight Bird

Reaction score
Originally Posted by trafficjam
Get Levi's STF light indigo in 38x30. The waist will shrink but that shrinking tends to push the fiber vertical and will increase the length of the inseam. You want a lighter color because darker colors tend to fade faster, making your clothes look worn and reducing their effective longevity. I would pass on the Chuck's. They're a juvenile shoe that tend to say, "I am on a child's feet." Plus they run very narrow, so unless you have pegs for feet, they'll be uncomfortable. Instead you should get some Nike Shox. They have versatility and you'll be ahead of the curve when styling returns to more flahsy, ornate sneakers, as it is ripe to do. Be sure to get something in a bright colorway, for peacocking purposes.
I cannot stress enough that you must buy Seven for All Mankind Jeans. They are very soft and comfortable and go soooo sooo well with the Nike Shox you will purchase. You should note that the forum's consensus is that buying 7's shows the difference between a forum noob and a pro
teacha.gif
Originally Posted by TKJTG
This is a good start:
nitro-air-force-1-1.jpg

These can be an alternative to the Shox, also go and buy a good sweater (this ones designer):
ugly-santa-christmas-sweater.jpg
oh and PS: BROWN shoes don't show ANY dirt.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get the indigo, go true to size on the waist and +1 or 2 on the inseam. They'll stretch if they feel too tight.

Black lowtop chucks are the "classic" look.

You'll look fine, though far from stylish. Lurk the forum, browse WAYWT, and try to get a sense of what you like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads