• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
What ever happened to the leathersoul chromexcel jumpers? Anyone get a pair? I was excited to see them and now I can't even find them on the LS site.

i spoke with tom not until september or october. i have a pair on pre-order.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to know they're still in the works--I started to wonder if I'd just dreamed them
blush.gif

velomane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
Good to know they're still in the works--I started to wonder if I'd just dreamed them
blush.gif

No, you didn't dream them up, but certainly worth dreaming about. Particularly if the chromexcel NST boots are any indication of what's to come!

JTK

Reaction score
Just picked up my first pair of Alden's and noticed this little imperfection when I got home. It's much more noticeable in the photos, but still wondering if I should return them:
IMG_2623-1.jpg

IMG_2622-1.jpg

Normally it wouldn't bother me, but this is also the first $500+ pair of shoes I've bought.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, considering my track record with Alden and flaws I'd be pretty happy if that was the only issue with my new pair of shoes. Shouldn't much matter overall and the first time you re-sole/re-heel the shoes it will get taken care of. I'm damn picky about my stuff but I would keep that as whatever you get back may be even worse.

Even with all their QC issues I can't help but love Alden shoes for some reason, I just wish they were more reliable in QC.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Work a little black edge dressing in there and you won't be able to see it from more than 6" away.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's that arch on the back quarters called? Plain toe bluchers with that connecting bit look so much better than those without... the regular PTB's just look funny to me.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2l8f7rp.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This must be an imposter mac. There's no argyle.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
This must be an imposter mac. There's no argyle.
LOL!
laugh.gif
But nice shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads