• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dls6128

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TKJTG
Well these are linen so it's actually not very thick. I'm just thinking aesthetically if it's okay? People on here have been telling me to take risks so I'm wondering if it's worth trying.

Check out tonio028's fit pics in this thread; he does what you're trying to do.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats fine, not everyone digs them :\\

i personally like them

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screw it, I'll just give it a try.

dscn2205x.jpg

Rolfi

Reaction score
quel surpris - it doesn't work ... looks really bad because the roll is way too chunky. and what's the point of a roll that just barely stops above your knee?

you guys really need to lurk and read more on this forum before posting more bad ideas. and i mean this in the nicest way possible.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rölfi
quel surpris - it doesn't work ... looks really bad because the roll is way too chunky. and what's the point of a roll that just barely stops above your knee?

you guys really need to lurk and read more on this forum before posting more bad ideas. and i mean this in the nicest way possible.

Haha right.
cool.gif

I knew that it was a risk but figured what the hell. Thanks for the input!

Mountains

Reaction score

What fun is fashion if it's not experimental?

GeorgeQiao

Reaction score
Damn, cb_32 I didn't know you were on SF. I thought you were just a LLer. XD

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Cool to see other LL'ers on here... I've been on LL since 2004. Angmar's my username, but I don't go there too much anymore except for random software I need for class. Here's my red, white, and blue WAYWT for the 4th of July. I couldn't figure out how to inline images from the styleforum gallery, so here's the links. (I tried
but it didn't work, just showed the links) I feel like something is off about this fit, so I could appreciate some critique. I feel like I look stocky in this outfit, even though I'm really slim. It could be the shirt or the jeans, or both I dunno. The shirt is small sized though, and the jeans are a beautiful denim. Glasses: Gant Shirt: larson eclipse chambray by Theory Jeans: RRL cream white straight leg Boots: sand suede DB's http://www.styleforum.net/g/showfull.php?photo=3372 Bonus picture of my fiancee and I! http://www.styleforum.net/g/showfull.php?photo=3373 Happy 4th of July!

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
Here's my red, white, and blue WAYWT for the 4th of July. I couldn't figure out how to inline images from the styleforum gallery, so here's the links. (I tried
but it didn't work, just showed the links)

I feel like something is off about this fit, so I could appreciate some critique. I feel like I look stocky in this outfit, even though I'm really slim. It could be the shirt or the jeans, or both I dunno. The shirt is small sized though, and the jeans are a beautiful denim.

Glasses: Gant
Shirt: larson eclipse chambray by Theory
Jeans: RRL cream white straight leg
Boots: sand suede DB's

http://www.styleforum.net/g/showfull.php?photo=3372

Bonus picture of my fiancee and I!

http://www.styleforum.net/g/showfull.php?photo=3373

Happy 4th of July!

I like the color of those jeans though by SF standards they look baggy.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those jeans are pretty baggy and the cuff is too big, good stuff otherwise

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
Cool to see other LL'ers on here... I've been on LL since 2004. Angmar's my username, but I don't go there too much anymore except for random software I need for class.

Here's my red, white, and blue WAYWT for the 4th of July. I couldn't figure out how to inline images from the styleforum gallery, so here's the links. (I tried
but it didn't work, just showed the links)

I feel like something is off about this fit, so I could appreciate some critique. I feel like I look stocky in this outfit, even though I'm really slim. It could be the shirt or the jeans, or both I dunno. The shirt is small sized though, and the jeans are a beautiful denim.

Glasses: Gant
Shirt: larson eclipse chambray by Theory
Jeans: RRL cream white straight leg
Boots: sand suede DB's

http://www.styleforum.net/g/showfull.php?photo=3372

Bonus picture of my fiancee and I!

http://www.styleforum.net/g/showfull.php?photo=3373

Happy 4th of July!

My 2cents:
Get a hair cut or clean it up abit.
Either go for a full beard or shave it clean.
The pocket square in a shirt is not working well at all, but others might feel different
Get the jeans hemmed. Fuller cut jeans don't work well with that type of cuff.

To the post above me, it's not SF doesn't like fuller cut jeans, it's just most fuller cut jeans look atrocious on most guys who think they have bodybuilder like thighs. I don't like the painted on look, but you want your clothes to flatter your body.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

First of all, if you're going to be a douche and speak in French, learn your grammar.

Also, the pant roll above the knee is going to look out of place pretty much everywhere except the beach. I'd say you should try to find a slimmer pair of pants anyway - the shirt looks fine, but something about tucked shirt + vans slip-ons seems weird to me. I would really suggest looking for slimmer-cut pants, since you look relatively fit, and the pants you've posted so far have made you look quite bottom-heavy. I think you're wise, however, to hold off on purchasing things until you have at least a slight idea what you want. It shouldn't be hard to find things, though, your "look" is popular with 95% of the posters here. Have you gone back through the old WAYWT to look at things yet?

Rolfi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mountains
What fun is fashion if it's not experimental?

so you're saying looking like **** is fun?

experiment all day and do whatever you want, just don't make me look at all your failed attempts and bad ideas

Mountains

Reaction score
so you're saying looking like **** is fun?

experiment all day and do whatever you want, just don't make me look at all your failed attempts and bad ideas

Poor baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads