• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
2mhuc5t.jpg
W+H JCrew PRPS CN

Don't feel so bad. Those W+H color block hoodies rarely look good on anyone, including skinny guys. I keep remembering some of snake's early fit pics here involving one of those things-- just awful! At least he had the sense to get rid of it quickly and move on to better stuff. Another thought is how the color block design feels rather kindergarten-like. When this theme is contrasted against your larger size it makes me think I'm seeing the worlds largest 5 year old.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simion505
Much better dude, you write like you don't know much about clothes or what looks good... did you have advice from anyone else on the fit of the shirt?

It's vast improvement on the polo, which didn't compliment your shape at all.

Well, yes and no on the advice question. I was reading an article about tailoring, so I made a mental note that the neck and the shoulders are the most important part. I found the shirt on sale and while the neck and shoulders fit, it was HUGE in the stomach area(as most off the rack stuff is), so I took it to a tailor and got it slimmed down.

Glad to see I'm making progress. Thanks guys!

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
if you were to scan the striped section of that W+H hoodie using a UPC reader, I think the register would display "FAIL"

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
I'd be curious to hear if others have any ideas how to incrementally modify this fit in order to add more steeze and less of the dreaded business casual look?

IMO, different shirt, maybe something with a pattern; a much more casual belt, like a rope or ribbon; a different shade of trousers with a more trim cut.
foo.gif

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
IMO, different shirt, maybe something with a pattern; a much more casual belt, like a rope or ribbon; a different shade of trousers with a more trim cut.
foo.gif

I'm not really sure what you mean by more trim cut. Do you happen to have a picture of something for comparison?

netsua

Reaction score
a lot of new people posting today, I guess I'll give it a shot. I hope they didn't set the standard too high for new people
shog[1].gif

25a1ytd.jpg

oldass belt
n2bdl2.jpg

peepwall[1].gif

DaveD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
DaveD: start over.

Uncontrol, good looking out; thanks. I would love to hear more about specific issues since starting over using only the same knowledge as when I dressed myself the first time and nothing added since isn't likely to end in superior results.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Another thought is how the color block design feels rather kindergarten-like. When this theme is contrasted against your larger size it makes me think I'm seeing the worlds largest 5 year old.

hey, it's no small feat to have your clothing so accurately express your personality like that

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DaveD
Uncontrol, good looking out; thanks. I would love to hear more about specific issues since starting over using only the same knowledge as when I dressed myself the first time and nothing added since isn't likely to end in superior results.

I would strongly suggest you take a look at how Uncontrol dresses before you follow his advice.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
And then take that advice regardless because he's right.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol lurk moar
Originally Posted by DaveD
First time posting here -- recent pay increases combined with a sudden girlfriend decrease have made me much more image conscious, and you guys are my only hope at refinement. About to hit a poolside "creatives" meeting:
photo1qn.jpg

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to breathe some life back into WAYWT.

But FWIW, those W+H tiger fleece hoodies aren't that terrible; it's just that the color block ones look wonky on most people, myself included. The solid colored ones are alright for lounging around in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads