• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS /10

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man.

i just received my khaki metallic andover in XL, and it's SO slim. It's seriously probably 2-3 inches slimmer than my blue serge bedford (I had always thought that the bedford fit slimmer than anything else). Is this season sized much slimmer than seasons past?

I also have a navy linen bedford on the way, i am worried that won't fit either.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the sizing of the Andovers may be messed up this season. I have a linen Bedford, which fits as my other Bedfords do.

I recently tried on the same sized Andover in the micro houndstooth & found it to very tight. I also tried on the same size in black chambray & found it to fit as my older Andovers do.

bakatora

Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
Received a message from the folks at MAC (San Francisco) that they are having a 50% off sale right now.

Give them a call at (415) 863-3011. They do phone orders.

Hours:
Mon-Sat 11 am - 7 pm
Sun 12 pm - 6 pm

I called MAC, the man that answered the phone said:

"yeah.. our Engineered Garments stock never goes on sale.. it never gets marked down."

lol

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The linen Bedford fits the same as my serge wool one. Whew. Andover fits a good 2" more slim. Lame!

BRMC_doves

Reaction score
Frack. This does not fit me at all & I just received it. Sz small. Anyone interested?
Roundheadlights gets first dibs. That is if I ever hear back from the guy.
Thought I would give styleforum members first chance, before listing it on ebay.
2n4v1l.jpg

Arizor

Reaction score
I just received an EG Henley shirt from the Garbstore -
1995.jpg
What would you all recommend I wear it with? Shorts or jeans? Is layering a good idea?

grooveholmes

Reaction score
Nice buy. I'd wear it with shorts or if I was at the beach wear it with a regular pair of khakis rolled up when it starts to get cooler. I'd pair it with some nice white/light-colored kicks. Personally, I wouldn't layer, but this is a fairly versatile piece. You could get away with it in transition when summer starts to cool off.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone is still looking for EG SS2010, Blake has recently re-opened in a new location and a lot of their SS2010 inventory is still available. Here's the list and they will be getting their FW2010 list out soon. PM/e-mail/call for pricing (http://loveblake.blogspot.com/). 1) 19th century red/green madras 2) 19th century tan/grey stripe 3) workshirt white cotton herringbone 4) workshirt grey cotton herringbone 5) workshirt grey chambray 6) workshirt blue chambray 7) workshirt blue/red plaid 8)workshjirt black chambray 9) western shirt navy gingham 10) jersey zip hood navy 11) jersey zip hood grey 12) jersey zip hood charcoal 13) wg jacket navy metallic 14)bal jacket blue heavy chambray 15) mac jacket khaki poplin 16)field parka khaki poplin 17) baker jacket indigo madras 18)bedford jacket grey hb knit\t 19) bedford jacket heavy blue chambray 20) cinch short indigo madrass 21) scarf purple voile 22) scarf white grey stripe 23) d-ring beltnavy/white/red 24) d-ring belt khaki/navy

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis
man.

i just received my khaki metallic andover in XL, and it's SO slim. It's seriously probably 2-3 inches slimmer than my blue serge bedford (I had always thought that the bedford fit slimmer than anything else). Is this season sized much slimmer than seasons past?

I also have a navy linen bedford on the way, i am worried that won't fit either.

Originally Posted by sjmin209
I think the sizing of the Andovers may be messed up this season. I have a linen Bedford, which fits as my other Bedfords do.

I recently tried on the same sized Andover in the micro houndstooth & found it to very tight. I also tried on the same size in black chambray & found it to fit as my older Andovers do.

Andovers always fit much slimmer than Bedfords, in my experience. Being tall and thin, I look like a bum in a Bedford, but Andovers are spot on.

TintoTerra

Reaction score
I'm selling a parka and a shirt from SS10 if anyone is interested.

blklblk

Reaction score
Hey.. So, Spring deliveries are upon us in little over a month; with that being said, we are marking down our remaining collections of EG for your enjoyment! First at bat: Spring '10 --- Below you will find the description of each item, the Retail Price, exclusive Styleforum Price, and Available sizes. 19th century red/green madras was 239.00 now $99 ( s / l / xl ) 19th century tan/grey stripe was 239.00 now $99 ( s / l / xl ) workshirt white cotton herringbone was 169.00 now $65 (s / l ) workshirt grey cotton herringbone was 169.00 now $65 (s / l ) workshirt grey chambray was 155.00 now $59 ( l ) workshirt blue chambray was 155.00 now $59 ( l ) jersey zip hood navy was 149.00 now $59 ( xs / l ) jersey zip hood charcoal was 149.00 now $59 (s / m / l / xl ) wg jacket navy metallic was 289.00 now $115 ( m / xl ) bal jacket blue heavy chambray was 325.00 now $130 (s / m / l / xl ) mac jacket khaki poplin was 379.00 now $149 ( l / xl ) field parka khaki poplin was 435.00 now $169 ( s / l / xl ) baker jacket indigo madras was 289.00 now $109 ( s / m / l ) bedford jacket grey hb knit was 299.00 now $119 ( m ) bedford jacket heavy blue chambray was 299.00 now $119 ( l ) cinch short indigo madrass was 179.00 now $69 ( 28 / 32 / 36 ) scarf white grey stripe was 69.00 now $29 ( one size) d-ring beltnavy/white/red was 69.00 now $29 ( s / m / l ) d-ring belt khaki/navy. was 69.00 now $29 (s / l / xl ) ---- **SHIPPING** All orders $100 or greater will receive free shipping courtesy of blake. Inquiries regarding sizing, shipping, and availability can be directed to [email protected] or a PM to either myself or blake. -- sam p.s., We are keeping this first come first serve, whoever reaches us with their payment / shipping information first will be sold the item. There is not an option for Paypal. All orders can be purchased with Visa/MC/Discover/Amex & Check/Debit cards over the phone. Yes we have a paper shredder, and yes we use it! Thanks members!! ***UPDATE*** 12/8/10 - Sizes have been removed from yesterday's and today's purchases. Thank's to all of you whom have called, msg'd and e-mailed us. Just so you know, we are open from 11-6pm PST. If you call before or after those times and no one answers, please just email either [email protected] or PM myself or blake. (tomorrow we will be listing the FALL EG markdowns in the FW10 EG thread as well as our Official Blake Affiliate thread. Stay tuned.)

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for the green chambray in size small. Someone hook me up!

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
my plug!

selling a new pair of newport shorts in size 34 for CHEAPO!

link in signature ...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads