• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
barims is one cool motherfucker!
worship.gif

Indeed. +1

tshaw

Reaction score
da3024d8.jpg
Very Spoo-ish
smile.gif

Thanks for the fireworks, Spoo - AM loving it!! And Happy 4th to you 'n yours, too..

T

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tshaw
Very Spoo-ish
smile.gif

Thanks for the fireworks, Spoo - AM loving it!! And Happy 4th to you 'n yours, too..

T

Thanks T! Happy and healthy to you too!

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
We've not had a black tie ensemble in a month (a strong showing from luftvier). From my main GH partner in crime/cousin's 'Bow Ties and Cleavage'-themed birthday party:

2w4wkqv.jpg

The DJ is a vintage Savile Row textured silk brocade number that was recommended to me by Ich_Dien and purchased through MC B&S; I've included more than one shot due to the way it catches light

I know that Bull has been sighted on this thread, so I'd like to clarify that the pulling is caused by my hands in the pockets. I don't trust anyone in Ghana to adjust the fit, however

And yes, I am pumped-up

Excellent to see, Barima. It looks terrific, and I thought you'd like it!

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, technically this is a fit and I hate posting a new thread just to get some nitpicks, so here goes...

Did my second fitting today, just wondering if you guys have any comments. First pic is before I messed with buttoning point, second is after I told them to lower it 1cm. I'm going with the shorter sleeve and shorter trouser leg, will have 2" cuffs as well (also have a second pair with no cuffs).

Still just the second fitting so it's far from finished, and obviously trousers look like **** because they're not pressed. Looking at the pics on my computer, I'm thinking I might go with just a little bit more waist suppression.

23mu7f6.jpg
wralox.jpg

spb_lady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
a7bd7fbb.jpg

looks perfect!
inlove.gif
i like the way orange, brown and blue go together and here is a good example of it. but i didn't manage to understand the pocket square colour (

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Kent Wang for my snazzy new tie!
c8d92f0f.jpg
a7bd7fbb.jpg

This is how you dress on a Saturday of a holiday weekend?!?!? Please tell me you are going to a concert and not a beach BBQ! (very snazzy in any case...)

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Well, technically this is a fit and I hate posting a new thread just to get some nitpicks, so here goes...

Did my second fitting today, just wondering if you guys have any comments. First pic is before I messed with buttoning point, second is after I told them to lower it 1cm. I'm going with the shorter sleeve and shorter trouser leg, will have 2" cuffs as well (also have a second pair with no cuffs).

Still just the second fitting so it's far from finished, and obviously trousers look like **** because they're not pressed. Looking at the pics on my computer, I'm thinking I might go with just a little bit more waist suppression.

23mu7f6.jpg
wralox.jpg

taper the pants from knee down to leg opening of 7.8" - right now leg opening looks like 9.0" to 9.5"

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harry2quinn
IMG_0207-1.jpg

Before any of the dozens of hawk-eyes in the house spot it and point it out, the last time I wore this jacket two of the sleeve buttons started unraveling so I removed all of them. Forgot that little fact and wore the jacket today, I'll be taking it to the tailor in the near future.

I think the 'hawk-eyes' may all be blinded by that combination.

a7bd7fbb.jpg

Spoo, I think this combination would've worked better with tan/khaki pants. Just a suggestion.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
From a wedding yesterday. Beautiful weather (slight headwind here), lovely ceremony, and great company.

2683240610043813381S600x600Q85.jpg

spb_lady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Spoo, I think this combination would've worked better with tan/khaki pants. Just a suggestion.

To my mind tan/khaki pants are a predictable addition to this look, that's why they will be a bit boring.

heaven7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus

I have to say I like the previous button position better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads